Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-08-2018, 11:50 AM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Borrowing Overdrive Books with the T2

I was wrong earlier when I said that you can't return books borrowed from the library using the T2. It turns out that you just have to go to the Shelves section and long-press the borrowed book, and there is a menu selection to return the book. I've tested it a couple times now and it works fine. So the Tolino Page has nothing over the Sony PRS-T2 in this regard. Both can be used to borrow from Overdrive (if you you the patience to use their S-L-O-W browsers) and both can return the book directly from the device.

I should say, this works with Overdrive when using the Fort Worth Public Library. It's possible that other libraries have different login protocols that I don't know about that could keep the T2 from downloading (or logging in). No matter what I do, I can't get the T1 to "unpack" borrowed books. It always returns an error (though it does let me login to the library and borrow the books, it won't "authenticate" them, or whatever it's called when ADE doesn't work).
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 02:23 PM   #2
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
You are correct that the T1 will not borrow directly - this happened after a major Overdrive "upgrade" in 2017. The last time I tried it I could access the library, browse and borrow but when I tried to actually download a book I got an error message.

Returning books on the the T3 (and on the T1 when it used to work) is as you described - go to the Bookshelves page and long press. I expect the T2 can also return multiple books in the same method as the T3 - from the Bookshelves page, press the menu button (the physical button), then choose Return Books, then you will get checkboxes to select the books you want to return.

I usually prefer to browse the Overdrive library on my home computer and then sync to my T3 because browsing on the T3 itself is so slow.

If I am away from home and have wifi access I will first use my smartphone to browse and borrow a book. Once the book is in my Loans I then turn on the T3 wifi and download the book. I have my Loans page set as my home page on the T3's browser to save time.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 03:16 PM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
If I am away from home and have wifi access I will first use my smartphone to browse and borrow a book. Once the book is in my Loans I then turn on the T3 wifi and download the book. I have my Loans page set as my home page on the T3's browser to save time.
Just tried it. Works great. I can't believe I wasn't bright enough to figure this out. Thanks.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 06:53 PM   #4
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Just tried it. Works great. I can't believe I wasn't bright enough to figure this out. Thanks.
I'm glad a non-tech person like me can still manage to be of some help!
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote