Old 01-23-2017, 01:25 PM   #76
AnselmD
Zealot
AnselmD began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
You can copy the message from the Validation window:

1. Click the message once. (The text should be displayed white on blue).
2. Press CTRL+C.
3. Select a text editor and press CTRL+V to paste the message.

(You can't select individual words in the Validation window. This is a Qt limitation.)
Thank you, the default way. (Why didn't i try this?)
AnselmD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 04:19 PM   #77
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

AnselmD - thanks for your suggestions I'll look into them. My query has nothing to do with Sigil (or ePUB), so I'd rather not respond further here.

I wouldn't object if someone moved my original post and related replies to a new thread ('Hunspell Tools') in the Workshop forum.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 04:53 PM   #78
AnselmD
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Yes, those words are not in the OLDSPELL dictionary. As I said, if someone can generate a list of the most commonly used words in German with contractions, I can at least add them to our current German dictionary and to the OLDSPELL one as well.
For the new spell dictionary, you can use the one with ' and without ': eg.:
brennt's
brennts

Code:
brennt's
bring's
bringt's
den's
du's
er's
gab's
geht's
genügt's
ging's
hätt's
hab's
haben's
halt's
hol's
ich's
ihr's
ist's
kann's
kommt's
möcht's
mach's
macht's
mir's
nimm's
ob's
sag's
seh's
sie's
sieht's
steht's
stimmt's
tu's
tut's
um's
versuch's
wär's
war's
wie's
wir's
wirf's
I have some more, but i have to think about new and old spelling.
Old 01-24-2017, 03:20 AM   #79
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Hi

Nearly three years ago, on the Calibre editor forum, we discussed the usefulness of spellchecking elided forms. Here is a comment from the maintainer of the Grammalecte extension for the French language about this topic and a way to deal with it for its language. Hope this helps.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=47

Note: French mainly use typographical (curved) apostrophes, at least for literary texts.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2017, 08:06 AM   #80
AnselmD
Zealot

Bjoern Jacke <bjoern [at] j3e.de> seems to be the responsible for the German old and new spell dictionaries. You can find it at the top of the .aff files.

This is his page:
Ispell/Hunspell German, German Ispell Dictionary - Wörterbuch igerman98, Sprache: Deutsch
https://www.j3e.de/ispell/igerman98/

An English summary:
Ispell/Hunspell German, German Ispell Dictionary - Wörterbuch igerman98, Sprache: Deutsch
https://www.j3e.de/ispell/igerman98/index_en.html

Online spell checker
https://www.j3e.de/cgi-bin/spellchecker

The following lines are error free at his online spellchecker:
Halt’s Maul! Macht’s gut! Da gab’s keinen! Ich hab’s! Wie geht’s?
Halt's Maul! Macht's gut! Da gab's keinen! Ich hab's! Wie geht's?

What might be the difference between his hunspell checker / directory and the version in Sigil?
Old 01-24-2017, 09:44 AM   #81
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
The dictionary being used.

I downloaded his latest source code and geht's was not in the wordlist and the .aff file has no suffix for it. My guess is he has written his own text parser that splits words at the single quote and assumes any word of length 1 is correct as a letter of the alphabet.

Last edited by KevinH; 01-24-2017 at 10:19 AM.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 04:40 AM   #82
AnselmD
Zealot

Only for interest:

Adobe has Spelling Dictionary Packs (see add-ons)
Adobe - Adobe Reader : For Windows
http://supportdownloads.adobe.com/pr...atform=Windows

Unpacking the .msi and the data1.cab file in it. There are the .add and .dic files and the GNU licencs files. Additional there is an affdescription.txt

I think it's based on something public, but maybe it gives some additional information for someone who is interested in the .aff format.
Old 01-25-2017, 08:14 AM   #83
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
@AnselmD: According to my tests with dialog-heavy German books, the number of contractions was on average significantly less than .005%. I.e., they're pretty much negligible and should be best handled with a custom word list.

BTW, the Sigil Python plugin interface has native Hunspell support. If you're a perfectionist, you could write an edit plugin that does the following:
  1. Get the text from all HTML files with bs4/sigil_bs4.
  2. Use a regex to find all words that contain straight or curly apostrophes.
  3. Split all matches into two words, check the first word against the dictionary and add the regex match to a custom word list, if the first word was found in the dictionary.
  4. Write the custom word list to the user_dictionaries folder.
For more information see the Sigil framework doc and the official Sigil test plugin.

In case you're wondering how to get the local user_dictionaries folder, you can find it with the following Python code:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/env python
import os

def run(bk):
    user_dictionary_path = os.path.join(os.path.dirname(bk._w.plugin_dir), 'user_dictionaries')
    print(user_dictionary_path)

return 0
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 12:48 PM   #84
AnselmD
Zealot

Quote:
@AnselmD: According to my tests with dialog-heavy German books, the number of contractions was on average significantly less than .005%. I.e., they're pretty much negligible and should be best handled with a custom word list.
I have ~650 curly apostrophes in my text.
As i said before, i will do that. I was asked for a word list, therefore i started to deliver one.

Just find out, if i have the apostrophe at the beginning of the word, i am not allowed to store it. With apostrophe at the begin of the word in the user dictionary, it is detected as misspelled.

Was 'n Glück! Haste mal 'nen Euro? So 'n Blödsinn! Steffi ist 'ne tolle Sportlerin.

I have to store
nen and ne
and not
'nen and 'ne.

Quote:
BTW, the Sigil Python plugin interface has native Hunspell support. If you're a perfectionist, you could write an edit plugin that does the following:
Hihi, no i am not. I will type a ’ curly apostrophe to the filter of the spell check dialogue. I will add each word manually with the dialogue to the user dictionary. This could be a little bit more comfortable, the next word in the list is not marked automatically. I will open the dictionary with a text editor as UTF-8 and replace all curly apostrophe with straight one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-01-25 18_30_34-testcase.epub_apostrophe_at_begin - epub2.0 - Sigil.png
Views:	462
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	154479  

Last edited by AnselmD; 01-25-2017 at 12:52 PM.

Tags
bug report, feature request, punctuation, sigil, unicode