Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 02-17-2018, 01:20 AM   #1
happycat
happycat began at the beginning.

Device: none
H2O Edition 2 third party covers

Been looking for an alternative to the expensive kobo sleepcover. Please share your experiences with 3rd party covers for the H2O v2.

So far I've seen the following 3rd party covers:

KW Mobile

Found on amazon, ebay, aliexpress.

https://imgur.com/a/vX26n

Seems to come in many variants. There are canvas covered variants, some with a metal clasp on the front cover. As well as faux leather or colorful patterned covers. It seems that even though they advertise as having a magnet, they don't function as sleep covers, as the magnet only works to hold the cover down.

Generic Brand 1

Found on amazon, ebay, aliexpress.

https://imgur.com/a/uFkT3

This one comes in several different colors and advertises as having sleep cover functionality. It is distinguishable by the thick black border on the back cover.

Forefront

Seems to be a British brand, found on amazon.co.uk and ebay.

https://imgur.com/a/47kM1

This one comes in two variants. A folding standup origami cover, and a plain flat cover. Both advertise sleepcover functionality and are distinguished by the cursive F embossed on the front cover.

ACDream

Found on ebay and amazon.

https://imgur.com/a/QRLMR

This one is made with PU leather and rather than having a plastic case inside that the device clips into, it has a pocket that covers the front bezel of the device. Advertises having sleepcover functionality.

Gecko

Seems to be exclusively a European brand found at several European retailers.

http://www.geckocovers.com/ereader-c...-2-covers.html

Comes in two variants, deluxe and slimfit.

Last edited by happycat; 02-20-2018 at 04:31 PM.
happycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 11:36 PM   #2
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by happycat View Post
Been looking for an alternative to the expensive kobo sleepcover.

So far I've seen the following 3rd party covers:

- kwmobile: has a metal clasp on the edge of the cover, come in leather look and canvas

- another one seems to have a thick black plastic border around the back cover

Any others? Please share your experiences with 3rd party covers for the H2O v2.
You didn't share a link to the covers you mentioned. Are you sure the kwmobile one is a sleep cover? It sounds a bit like the kwmobile cover I'm using on my Aura and that one is NOT a sleep cover.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-18-2018, 02:19 AM   #3
trampas
trampas began at the beginning.

Device: Libra 2
I use the ACdream Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 Case bought from Amazon. It looks good and turns the Kobo off on closing the cover.
trampas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 07:31 AM   #4
J_K
Enthusiast
J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.J_K is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: H2O 2, Aura 2, Clara HD, Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
You didn't share a link to the covers you mentioned. Are you sure the kwmobile one is a sleep cover? It sounds a bit like the kwmobile cover I'm using on my Aura and that one is NOT a sleep cover.
As you say, you need to double check with kwmobile. The first case I bought for my H2O 2 was by kwmobile and it wasn't a sleep cover, even though they sell identical looking cases (with just a different design) that are sleep covers.

Of the three cheap ones I've tried, I liked this style best https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-Kobo-...r/272727019358

The two magnets on mine are more widely spaced, though. This means the cover is very secure when closed and it doesn't slip as it would if it had just one centre magnet.
J_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 07:48 AM   #5
russion
russion began at the beginning.

Device: none
I use the ACdream Kobo Aura H2O Edition 2 Case bought from Israel... Nice one.
russion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert