Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-20-2012, 01:43 AM   #1
lumanz
lumanz began at the beginning.

Device: Bold 9000/Kindle Keyboard/Kindle Touch
Exclamation How to add new input language to KT 5.1 firmware

In the new 5.1 firmware of Kindle Touch, there is a "input suggestion“ feature. And I really want to make use of it. Because I want to add Chinese input to it.

I did some homework and here's what I have found:

KT is using a XT9 input method;
in /usr/share/keyboard folder, there are 8 languages folders. Within each one, there are a .ldb file(I found out that it's a word dictionary database.), a .kdb file(defines keys), 4 keymap files for different dimensions of screen, a libpredictor.so and a utils.so.

So I try to replace the .ldb and .kdb files with Chinese files, but it didn't work.
Maybe my Chinese files are not suitable here. Or maybe I'm heading to the complete wrong way.

Is there anyone familiar with it here that can give me some clues?
lumanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:17 AM   #2
phoeagon
Enthusiast
phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Touch
Personally i didn't have my device upgraded so i don't know about input method. but if that's the case, try to instrument the file rather than replace it. use some tools like sqlite3 to modify databases.
phoeagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-02-2012, 01:41 AM   #3
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Errmm.... I can't really help with the input stuff, but we still need some volunteer over in the Localization thread to take a look at the differences between 5.0.* and 5.1.0... Would you be willing?
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:26 AM   #4
phoeagon
Enthusiast
phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'phoeagon knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumanz View Post
In the new 5.1 firmware of Kindle Touch, there is ..............
Is there anyone familiar with it here that can give me some clues?
came up with a new idea. try replacing the files with English ones (but from other archive, of course) , and see if it works. if not, maybe there's some extra checking preventing the use of databases from other manufacturer-tailored version.
phoeagon is offline   Reply With Quote