Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 02-03-2018, 12:22 PM   #151
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neru View Post
Physical button acts as "back" button and it seems that it doesn't recognise long press, only double press.
Thanks, double tap is working great for screenshots.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 03:23 PM   #152
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I then replaced the image in the zip file. It was critical that the image in the zip file is simply stored in the file and not compressed. I could not find a way to simply replace the file without compression using Windows or 7 zip
7-Zip -- add to archive, compression level to 'store'. Image attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7Zip_Store.png
Views:	239
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	162075  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 09:51 PM   #153
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
7-Zip -- add to archive, compression level to 'store'. Image attached.
Thanks, I always have 7-zip on any computer I use so this will come in handy.
Old 02-03-2018, 11:33 PM   #154
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Thanks, I always have 7-zip on any computer I use so this will come in handy.
It's one of my first install group on any new computer.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 01:36 PM   #155
supertoth
JJMora
supertoth began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Icarus Illumina XL HD
Typing on the Icarus

I have been trying several writting apps with a keyboard using both USB and bluetooth connection.
Using apps like "Bluetooth always On" , "Rotation Control" and "External Keyboard Helper" the experience of typìng on the Icarus have improved to the point that I feel confident in using it for that purpose.
However there is a problem with many writting apps. When using the A2 mode the cursor dissapear from the screen. This happens in my favourite writting app "Jotterpad" as well as others like "AI Writer" and "Monospace-Writting". I have found an app, "WriterPlus" that doesn't have that problem, but I would prefer to use Jotterpad in A2 mode.
¿Does anybody know what causes that behaviour and if it can be fixed? Any suggestion for an alternative app for writting is welcome.
supertoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 03:11 PM   #156
robilarocn
Enthusiast
robilarocn began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab S2 8"
So what is the consensus on this device? Does anyone use it with Moon + Reader Pro?

Also I have a huge library, does anyone know if that will bog down the devices' limited hardware?
robilarocn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 12:49 AM   #157
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

This has been an excellent reader for me. I use Calibre Companion to manage my books and transfer the books from Calibre to my device.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robilarocn View Post
So what is the consensus on this device? Does anyone use it with Moon + Reader Pro?
I use it with Moon+ Reader Pro with no issues.

Quote:
Also I have a huge library, does anyone know if that will bog down the devices' limited hardware?
As long as you don't put all books in a single folder you will be fine. I have calibre, while transferring my books, automatically create sub-directories by Author under the Book directory and if any books are in a Series I have a sub-directory under the Author directory for that series.
Old 02-14-2018, 09:03 AM   #158
robilarocn
Enthusiast
robilarocn began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tab S2 8"
Quote:
This has been an excellent reader for me. I use Calibre Companion to manage my books and transfer the books from Calibre to my device.

I use it with Moon+ Reader Pro with no issues.

As long as you don't put all books in a single folder you will be fine. I have calibre, while transferring my books, automatically create sub-directories by Author under the Book directory and if any books are in a Series I have a sub-directory under the Author directory for that series.
My entire library is already organized by author folders. I put them en masse into my Samsung Tab S2 because it seemed simpler but there is no work for me to presort.

Do you know if they sell into Canada?
robilarocn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 07:30 PM   #159
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Do you know if they sell into Canada?
I believe they do. The Illumina XL HD and the Boyue LikeBook Plus are essentially the same thing (T80s). Icarus modifies the firmware slightly to brand the device as theirs. I currently have the latest Boyue LikeBook Plus firmware on my Illumina XL HD.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:19 AM   #160
vikarti
Groupie
vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vikarti ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Does it work correctly with Bookari Reader? Are there any visual issues if 'e-paper' mode is enabled in Bookari?
vikarti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 11:44 AM   #161
p38lightning
Zealot
p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Lenovo Tab M9
Illumina XL (E785BK) firmware update?

Has anyone gotten a hold of any more recent firmware updates for this unit?

My current firmware is: V.1.0.0-201711232017.

I am still having sporadic page freezes with mine that result in a spontaneous reboot or jumping ahead several pages depending on how many frustrated taps I tried!

No rhyme or reason as to how and when that scenario unfolds and fortunately is does not happen often. Definitely less with the update I listed above but still not done away with fully.

I have created an unconfirmed ticket requesting the latest update as they still will not make them accessible via their web site. No confirmation after creating the ticket so it is a waiting game to see if that process actually worked!

Thanks for any info/assist.
p38lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2018, 07:12 PM   #162
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by p38lightning View Post
Has anyone gotten a hold of any more recent firmware updates for this unit?

My current firmware is: V.1.0.0-201711232017.

I am still having sporadic page freezes with mine that result in a spontaneous reboot or jumping ahead several pages depending on how many frustrated taps I tried!
I installed the Boyue Likebook Plus (T80s) firmware update found here six weeks ago and haven't had that issue since.

Quote:
I have created an unconfirmed ticket requesting the latest update as they still will not make them accessible via their web site. No confirmation after creating the ticket so it is a waiting game to see if that process actually worked!
I asked them for the latest update in early January and they supplied the firmware you cite. The day after they supplied the firmware I was able to get the Likebook Plus update and haven't looked back. I'm betting they have a modified version of the Boyue Likebook Plus firmware with their branding that they will supply you. Let us know how it goes.
Old 02-20-2018, 01:02 PM   #163
p38lightning
Zealot
p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.p38lightning can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Thanks.

Interesting as my unit has always showed up when connected via USB to my desktop (Windows 10) as a Boyue!
Old 02-20-2018, 01:21 PM   #164
p38lightning
Zealot

Thanks.

Just updated my Illumina XL to V1.0.2-* (via your above link) with no ill effects. Startup screen now reads Likebook instead of Illumina.

Will see over the next few days if that has drive a stake through the heart of my gremlin!
Old 02-20-2018, 07:57 PM   #165
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Just updated my Illumina XL to V1.0.2-* (via your above link) with no ill effects. Startup screen now reads Likebook instead of Illumina.

Will see over the next few days if that has drive a stake through the heart of my gremlin!
I had the same gremlin it was extremely frustrating. This update eliminated it.