Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Astak EZReader

Notices

Old 08-19-2010, 08:59 PM   #76
Davimee
Happy Wife & Momma
Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Davimee once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Purple Astak Pocket Pro! :)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
There are those of us who would rather not deal with the security risks of being on facebook.
Oh, I completely agree! In fact I've considered closing my account. And that's one of the reasons I rarely post, and don't have any personal information listed on my profile page.
Davimee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 10:35 PM   #77
catsittingstill
Guru
catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.catsittingstill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1.0.8, iPod Touch, Kindle Keyboard
If I can just remember how to log on to facebook I'll give it a try.
catsittingstill is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2010, 10:40 PM   #78
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
When I get to Facebook, how do I find the Astak forum?
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:12 PM   #79
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
When I get to Facebook, how do I find the Astak forum?
The forum is actually on their ebook store. See this thread for the official announcement. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95244
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 11:18 PM   #80
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Solicitous, I believe that there is a Facebook page in addition to what you refer to.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-19-2010, 11:32 PM   #81
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Ah ok, sorry. From ezread.com there is a link to the ezreadbookstore on facebook. Astak itself I didn't think had one, I thought they went as their parent company Team Research Inc. Hope I've helped
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 07:49 AM   #82
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
well, that's direct - and a bit sarcastic. one can have a personal touch and enthusiasm without that level of detail.

i work with web marketing for a living. my clients have all found that being more personal works much better (in other words, gets more return traffic/ more buys/ more word of mouth) when working with consumers as opposed to working with other businesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenifer.ezread View Post
Rather than giving you a what-sandwich-I'm-having kind of post, I try to keep everything book-related like a staff blog, with reviews and etc. Our Twitter follows authors, publishers, and professionals in the industry, so I relay writing contests and news primarily.
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:51 PM   #83
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member
jenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enough

Device: EZ Read Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post
There are those of us who would rather not deal with the security risks of being on facebook.
Everything on the EZ Read Facebook can be accessed and read without having a Facebook account, similar to a blog post or an RSS feed. That way people can just stop by to look at the reviews without having to worry about having a profile.

(On a side note, my mom and my husband both refuse to have an account, but I still force them to read my book reviews.)
jenifer.ezread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:06 PM   #84
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
I concur, basschick.

This is a community forum and as such participation in it differs from a mere impersonal staff blog. We let our personalities show and we expect the same from those company reps who participate here. Allowing yourself to be known as an individual (and that doesn't necessarily mean telling us what you had for breakfast) engages the reader of the post, making the poster both more real and more believable - which, after all, is what you want in public relation terms to increase the sales of your business and keep your customers happy.

We are obviously not a Facebook/Twitter crowd, just going by the number of people who don't participate in those sites (include me in that - I won't touch them because of their many security lapses) so we shouldn't be confused with that audience.

I'm glad that Astak is continuing to take an active role in this forum (it's only commonsense, after all) and is available to resolve problems. That gives them a leg up on companies who don't take advantage of this method of reaching their customers (e.g. Aluratek ). But you need to know your audience and adjust your approach accordingly; one size does not fit all. A happy forum increases the word-of-mouth for Astak.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 03:09 PM   #85
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
Addendum: Now see, we now know that you have a living mom and a husband. That personalizes you.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 08:17 PM   #86
nimblem
Addict
nimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the roughnimblem is a jewel in the rough

Device: Pocket Pro, Kindle Dx
**High five Jennifer**
nimblem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2010, 09:21 AM   #87
SmartyPants
Zealot
SmartyPants began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW
ouch what shocking news re Robert...
it definitely smells fishy to me... I dont think it would be in his character to just quit this forum without a word of goodbye.

his presence and enthusiasm here made that one bit of difference that made me buy PP and recommend Astak to my mum and a few friends.
Because lets face it, these days, we are fairly spoilt for choice in ebook readers department.

So welcome Jenifer, and yes you do have big shoes to fill. Robert was much loved here. With all his little imperfections and 'exclamation marks' and whatnot, he was REAL. That is something that made us feel an affinity with the company.
Not so much anymore...
Maybe one day.
SmartyPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 03:49 PM   #88
Luigino
Groupie
Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nothing
Hello jenifer.ezread,

I'm from Italy and, since I see something's changed at Astak, I would ask you if there are plans from Astak to produce a 9"-9.7" ebook?
Consider Kindle has already adopted new eInk's Pearl device which gives out more 50% contrast than first version plus Epson created new controller which it should be better than old one that was too much publicized everywhere....
Plus for my needs it would be perfect if it has Adobe PDF Reader (like Kindle) to read also technical PDF manuals and I don't need really WiFi and 3G but a 8gb microSD support would be perfect... is something like that on plan?

Thanks a lot
Luigi from Italy
Luigino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:05 PM   #89
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member
jenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enough

Device: EZ Read Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luigino View Post
Hello jenifer.ezread,

I'm from Italy and, since I see something's changed at Astak, I would ask you if there are plans from Astak to produce a 9"-9.7" ebook?
Hi Luigino,

Currently, we do have plans for new devices in different sizes with a number of screen improvements, etc.. However, do to the price wars in the market between other eBook readers like the Kindle and Nook, we can't compete as a smaller company. We plan to keep and eye on the market and continue scheming for a more economical, improved eBook reader.

In other words, keep checking back for updates!
jenifer.ezread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:52 AM   #90
Luigino
Groupie
Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Luigino once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenifer.ezread View Post
Hi Luigino,
Currently, we do have plans for new devices in different sizes with a number of screen improvements, etc.. However, do to the price wars in the market between other eBook readers like the Kindle and Nook, we can't compete as a smaller company. We plan to keep and eye on the market and continue scheming for a more economical, improved eBook reader.
In other words, keep checking back for updates!
Hello Jenifer,

as I said I was asking you just because other companies are fighting with prices but they are putting EVERYTHING unnecessary in their ebook products. For me it'd be OK to make a 9" eBook reader with just eInk Pearl (which at least it's already out instead to wait SiPix that's still with some little problems) and a microUSB + microSD slot avoiding WiFi and 3G...
You can see for WiFi and 3G actually Companies are fighting with colour Tablets to navigate which I am NOT interested... and I'm pretty sure 6" ebooks market was too little because the display is TOO WAY LITTLE!

I am sure if YOU (Astak) make a 9"-9.7" product, you could have more market (and more earning-money) than 5" and 6" because people doesn't want to waste time hurting their eyes reading on a small device (like 5"-6").
In fact as you probably have understand, I am waiting since almost 2 years for an 9"-9.7" ebook which doesn't have WiFi neither 3G because it would CUT DOWN price and be more affordable for most of people!... (Kindle DX Graphite in fact costs too much because it has WiFi and 3G!)

Now, after those little considerations, I hope Astak WILL DECIDE to create NOW this 9"-9.7" device, even it's also easier to build than a color tablet PC and it has ONLY 3" more than a 6"...

Remember: initial investments with RIGHT consideration of consumer goals will make money...

Look:
- Irex filed bankrupt because they didn't listened really to consumer needs and they made products with WiFi and 3G with a too high price;
- Plastic Logic is almost to go bankrupt because their ebook device is with WiFi and 3G for an high price which people doesn't need really it so they won't buy it;

Hope those two examples are enough to make Astak to go in the direction for a product WITHOUT WiFi and 3G. ;-)

Thanks for the attention,
Ciao,
Luigi

if you have doubts or critics for me, just tell me... let's discuss :-)
Luigino is offline   Reply With Quote