Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-07-2010, 06:37 PM   #1
mezme
Connoisseur
mezme began at the beginning.

Device: PRS700
Web Content Server

What exactly does the content server display?

Is there a way to get the content server to display (in addition to the author/title/series) the cover page and the comments and possibly the tags?
mezme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:41 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
click on an entry and it will display the cover page and comments
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2010, 09:59 PM   #3
mezme
Connoisseur

I get an error message when I click on an entry...
Line: 1121
Char: 4
Error: Could not get the display property. Invalid argument.
Code: 0
URL: http://????????:????/
Old 01-07-2010, 10:03 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Try using another browser, like firefox. IIRC the page has problems with Internet Explorer
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:22 AM   #5
mezme
Connoisseur

That I can do... Just curious - is there a way to create a custom page for the web content server?

I know I've heard a few folks mention that you can query the database directly... but I have found any documentation on how the database is set up?
Advert
Old 01-08-2010, 05:45 AM   #6
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Try this thread. I don't know if this is what you want or just another attempt to do what the content server does, but it's a start
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 05:49 AM   #7
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Rather than looking at Calibre2Web it might now be better to look at Calibre2opds which has subsumed the Calibre2Web functionality; enhanced it; and is also cross-platform.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:59 PM   #8
mezme
Connoisseur

itimpi... thank you! I've been looking at Calibre2opds and it looks like it might do what I'm needing. I do a lot of traveling and being able to access my library via my laptop is an awesome thing... *lol* of course being able to add books remotely to calibre would be good too... but *grins* that's just being spoiled rotten