Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-07-2009, 06:31 AM   #1
Pier
Enthusiast
Pier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of lightPier is a glorious beacon of light

Device: sony ereader PRS700
Managing my ebooks

Hi,
My question might have been asked before but I searched and did not find anything close. Maybe it is too basic, but I'm a basic user .

Is it possible to remove my ebooks from the Calibre interface while keeping them in the library? The remove button says that that the files will be removed from the computer permanently if I use this button. When you have a large library it becomes cumbersome in the interface.
Pier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2009, 09:33 AM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Use the search to filter only the books you want to see. Or use the tag tree to only show books with tags you wan to see.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-07-2009, 09:41 AM   #3
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
You could always save to disk if you're worried about retaining metadata. It would be easy enough to add them back in when you wanted them. If you have a bunch that are similar, you could also break them off into their own Calibre library, so you could see them in the Calibre interface when needed and not the rest of the time.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 12:41 AM   #4
kome17
kome
kome17 began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook
Hi everyone,

May I ask how to "break them off into their own Calibre library"? Do you mean we can create a second library (interface)? ...I don't know how to do that...
I also have a small bunch of books which I would like to separate them into different category so I can find the books I want instantly. What can I do to "break them off into their own Calibre library"?
kome17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 05:03 AM   #5
gwynevans
Wizzard
gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gwynevans ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 2, iPhone 6s, Kindle Voyage & Kindle PaperWhite
You could put them in a different DB by running calibre with the '--with-library=<path>' option (See 'calibre -h' for info) but I'd suggest that you become familiar with using tags before deciding to go down that route.
gwynevans is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert