Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-06-2008, 11:53 AM   #1
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
eBook Store reviews?

Has anybody ever seen a book that has a reader review? I haven't, unless I'm looking in the wrong place. All I ever see is "Add a Review" which I did once, but that never appeared.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 12:35 PM   #2
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Mobipocket have a couple of reviews for the book I'm currently reading.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2008, 03:27 PM   #3
fireproof
Enthusiast
fireproof began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten|TX, Sony Reader^H^H^H^H, iLiad, iPhone
Manybooks has a few reviews

http://manybooks.net/reviews/recent.php
fireproof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 04:09 PM   #4
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by fireproof View Post
Thanks, but was particularly asking about the Sony store site. It's tough enough navigating through that horrible website, but at least when I get to a book that looks interesting, would be a help to see reader reviews right there. As they ask to add a review, seems odd that nobody does.
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 05:42 PM   #5
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlondikeGeoff View Post
Thanks, but was particularly asking about the Sony store site. It's tough enough navigating through that horrible website, but at least when I get to a book that looks interesting, would be a help to see reader reviews right there. As they ask to add a review, seems odd that nobody does.
I assume they haven't gotten around to that yet. If I want to see a review of a book, I open another browser window and check out Amazon. Unfortunately, what I'd really like to see is a review of the ebook - the formatting, illustrations, and misspellings can be pretty bad sometimes. A place for people to put that info to warn potential buyers would be useful. It would also probably encourage publishers to submit better copies to Sony for sale.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2008, 05:44 PM   #6
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Best bet is to open up a window/tab to Amazon and search their books for reviews. Not quite as convenient, but better than no reviews!
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 06:48 PM   #7
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by KlondikeGeoff View Post
I don't think I've ever seen any reviews there, but I don't buy from them so I'm not sure. Even if they did Amazon or maybe B&N would probably be a better bet for a large number of reviews.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:23 AM   #8
Andanzas
Out of print
Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andanzas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (recycled), Pocketbook Inkpad X Pro
Freakonomics has one review:

Quote:
This is a book that really makes you think. The authors use standard analysis techniques of economics to consider some really interesting questions with surprising results. Know why crime started dropping in the 90's? If you haven't read this book I'll bet you'll never guess the very interesting and persuasive conclusion reached here. By bringing together seemingly unrelated factors the authors get you to start thinking about the world in a new way. The writing style is very casual and easy to read without losing its credibility. One of the most interesting books I've read in a long time.
ED: A Short History of Nearly Everything has... 3 reviews!!
Andanzas is offline   Reply With Quote