Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-22-2012, 11:01 AM   #1
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Seeing Duplicate Folders for the Same Author

Upon accidentaly moving my Calibre library to Dropbox instead of just copying it, I've noticed that i now have duplicate folders for some of the authors, all with the same change: "Arenson, Daniel" vs "Arenson_ Daniel".

Is this due to the newest update?

Is it okay if I consolidate/merge the folders? If so, which one should I use? (I can not go by date, seeing as I had to copy all of the books back in Calibre causing them all to have today's date).
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:22 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I recently recently fixed a bug that incorrectly caused commas to become underscores in author names. As a result when new books with the same author are added, a new folder is created. Those folders are not duplicates, they will have different files inside them. You could merge them manually by renaming the author inside calibre to something else for the old books and then back to the correct name, but it's not worth the effort, just leave them be.

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 01-22-2012 at 12:26 PM.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2012, 12:26 PM   #3
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
I recently recently fixed a bug that incorrectly caused commas to become underscores in author names. As a result when new books with the same author are added, a new folder is created. Those folders are not duplicates, they will have different files inside them. You could merge them manually by renaming the author to something else for the old books and then back to the correct name, but it's not worth the effort, just leave them be.
Okay. I'll take your advice and leave them alone. Thank you!
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote