Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-03-2015, 07:06 PM   #1
Coop56
Coop56 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1
Smile Is there a fully fledged Calibre planned for the Android platform

Hi, does anyone know if there is a fully fledged version of Calibre planned for the Android platform, it would be a great addition to the list of Calibre products as most current readers out there are rubbish, with limited functionality in areas such as recognising a series of books or book management.
I suspect a great many other Calibre loyalists would be more than happy to pay for a decent eBook software program for Android.

Please save us Kovid.

Coop56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 07:15 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
There is no plan for an Android version. I use Calibre Companion (CC) Android app to connect my Android device to calibre and manage my books on my tablet. CC handles searching and sorting using all metadata from calibre. I simply find the book I want to read and launch it in my favorite Android reading app.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 07:15 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop56 View Post
Hi, does anyone know if there is a fully fledged version of Calibre planned for the Android platform, it would be a great addition to the list of Calibre products as most current readers out there are rubbish, with limited functionality in areas such as recognising a series of books or book management.
I suspect a great many other Calibre loyalists would be more than happy to pay for a decent eBook software program for Android.

Please save us Kovid.

Clibre Companion is designed to work with your Calibre PC (desktop version) to extend the Library features to Android. You will still need a viewer like Moon+, but CC will manage the books sent/pulled to the device from Calibre.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2015, 08:08 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
As well as Calibre Companion, there's also, Calibre Cloud, Calibre Leger and Calibre Library apps. I don't use any of them so I cant speak to their efficacy.

Companion tends to be favoured hereabouts, because the developer (chaley) is also a major and ongoing contributor to the main Calibre program that runs on Windows, OSX and Linux.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, ereader, software