Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #1
filmgal
filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: kobo, android phone/tablet
CC Content Server - do not display User Categories

I would like to disable some of the groups displayed when looking at the content server from my device. In particular, I don't want the User Categories to be displayed because they are not displayed nested as are the tags.

Example:

The Index of content server displays as follows:

By Newest
By Title
By Author Awards.Crime Writer's Association Ian Fleming Steel Dagger Award
By Author Awards.Edgar Award
By Author Awards.Gold Dagger for Fiction
By Author Awards.Hugo Award
etc.
By Author Country.Canada
By Author Country.Denmark
etc.

My User Categories are Author Awards and Author Countries and I would rather these either not appear at all, or appear nested the way tags do.

Is there a way around this?
filmgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:31 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
If you run the content server from within calibre, see the tweak (preferences -> tweaks) Set custom metadata fields that the content server will or will not display. (ID: content_server_will_display). This controls what the content server sends to CC or other clients.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:55 PM   #3
filmgal
filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.filmgal for a long time would go to bed early.

chaley, thanks for the response.
Unfortunately, it doesn't work for user categories.
I've confirmed that it works for custom subgroups, as I removed all my subgroups except for genre:

Code:
content_server_will_display = ['#genre']
content_server_wont_display = []
I tried all of the following:

Code:
content_server_will_display = ['*']
content_server_wont_display = ['@Author Country','@Author Awards','@Period and Place']
Code:
content_server_wont_display = ['@Author Country:true','@Author Awards:true','@Period and Place:true']
Code:
content_server_wont_display = ['@Author Country:.true','@Author Awards:.true','@Period and Place:.true']
and none of them removed the user categories.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmgal View Post
chaley, thanks for the response.
Unfortunately, it doesn't work for user categories.
I've confirmed that it works for custom subgroups, as I removed all my subgroups except for genre:

Code:
content_server_will_display = ['#genre']
I tried all of the following:

Code:
content_server_wont_display = ['@Author Country','@Author Awards','@Period and Place']
Code:
content_server_wont_display = ['@Author Country:true','@Author Awards:true','@Period and Place:true']
Code:
content_server_wont_display = ['@Author Country:.true','@Author Awards:.true','@Period and Place:.true']
and none of them removed the user categories.
I looked at the code and you are right. The user categories can not be removed. When I get a moment I will look at fixing it.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:19 PM   #5
filmgal

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
I looked at the code and you are right. The user categories can not be removed. When I get a moment I will look at fixing it.
Thanks chaley, that would be fantastic.
Old 02-03-2013, 04:30 PM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Removing user categories using the tweak will be in the next calibre release.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:08 PM   #7
filmgal

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Removing user categories using the tweak will be in the next calibre release.
I'm guessing that this has not been implemented yet? I'm using 0.9.27 64bit and have tried to hide categories from the content server without any luck. I tried all three of the formats indicated above in my previous post and none worked.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:20 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I'm guessing that this has not been implemented yet? I'm using 0.9.27 64bit and have tried to hide categories from the content server without any luck. I tried all three of the formats indicated above in my previous post and none worked.
It works fine for me. If I set the tweak to
Code:
content_server_wont_display = ['@foo bar']
then my user category "foo bar" is not displayed. If I set it to
Code:
then it is. Using calibre 0.9.27/64 on Win7.

Are you remembering both to restart calibre and to refresh your browser?

Edit: also be sure that the spelling and the letter case used in the tweak exactly matches the user category name.

Last edited by chaley; 04-23-2013 at 06:49 AM. Reason: add more info
Old 04-23-2013, 07:20 PM   #9
filmgal

chaley, I can get Author Awards to disappear with

Code:
content_server_wont_display = ['@Author Awards']
What I can't get to disappear are all of the sub-tags under Author Awards, such as Author Awards.Edgar Award.

I tried this but it didn't work:

Code:
content_server_wont_display = ['@Author Awards:.true']
I got that formatting from the search in Calibre. Perhaps this is the part I'm not doing right?
Old 04-24-2013, 03:11 AM   #10
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
chaley, I can get Author Awards to disappear with

Code:
content_server_wont_display = ['@Author Awards']
What I can't get to disappear are all of the sub-tags under Author Awards, such as Author Awards.Edgar Award.

I tried this but it didn't work:

Code:
content_server_wont_display = ['@Author Awards:.true']
I got that formatting from the search in Calibre. Perhaps this is the part I'm not doing right?
Unfortunately for your sanity, each subtag is considered a different item for display. To get rid of a subtag you must explicitly name it, such as in
Code:
content_server_wont_display = ['@Author Awards', 'Author Awards.Edgar Award']
I recognize this is a pain and a maintenance headache, but the way the field selection works forces it.

I might be able to make some kind of regexp pattern, but it would need to be done in a way where there could never be a conflict between the pattern and a real name. And in any event, I won't have time to look at it for a few weeks. There is a good chance that I will forget (I do that more and more these days), so if you don't hear back from me by mid-May and if you still want such a thing, ping me by posting here.