Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-19-2021, 06:02 PM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Kobo Claras $99.98 at Walmart

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kobo-Clar...bled/848940265

Just went off sale and not they're back on sale — and they've sweetened the deal by charging a whole penny less than last time. They just won't leave me alone.

Trying to figure why Walmart would go it alone this time.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 01:14 PM   #2
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kobo-Clar...bled/848940265

Just went off sale and not they're back on sale — and they've sweetened the deal by charging a whole penny less than last time. They just won't leave me alone.

Trying to figure why Walmart would go it alone this time.
You know you want one, since you don't have enough ereaders already
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2021, 05:07 PM   #3
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
If you get one, you can laugh at all the suckers who fell for the sky high $99.99 price.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 08:34 PM   #4
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
You know you want one, since you don't have enough ereaders already
I refuse to dignify that absurd "accusation" with any response whatsoever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
If you get one, you can laugh at all the suckers who fell for the sky high $99.99 price.
If I did order one, hypothetically speaking, in the early hours of Wednesday, October 20th, I can somehow guess that it would be shipped from Reno via OnTrac and (hypothetically speaking) would be scheduled for delivery sometime on Thursday, October 21st (hypothetically speaking).

I would wonder, however, if such a purchase would be worth it, since one could save another 2 cents by buying the Kobo Nia — is the Clara really worth 2 cents more than the Nia?
Old 10-20-2021, 09:43 PM   #5
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
If I did order one, hypothetically speaking, in the early hours of Wednesday, October 20th, I can somehow guess that it would be shipped from Reno via OnTrac and (hypothetically speaking) would be scheduled for delivery sometime on Thursday, October 21st (hypothetically speaking).
That's quite the theory. Here's you deciding on if you should buy the Clara.

Quote:
I would wonder, however, if such a purchase would be worth it, since one could save another 2 cents by buying the Kobo Nia — is the Clara really worth 2 cents more than the Nia?
Those extra two cents are for the extra pixels*

I paid $129.99 when I bought my Clara two and a half years ago. I was a fool. A FOOL!

*Yes, ereaders don't use pixels. But 'extra dots' doesn't have the same zing.
Advert
Old 10-21-2021, 10:12 AM   #6
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
I refuse to dignify that absurd "accusation" with any response whatsoever.

Now you know what you need to do - buy the Nia too, so you can compare and report back!
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 11:15 AM   #7
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
IF an item goes on sale within 30 days of purchase take your receipt to Walmart they give you the difference back!

Problem solved!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 12:59 PM   #8
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara1955 View Post
IF an item goes on sale within 30 days of purchase take your receipt to Walmart they give you the difference back!
I wonder if they would take a two and a half year old email
Old 10-21-2021, 01:38 PM   #9
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
*Yes, ereaders don't use pixels.
I'm pretty sure that they do.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 09:01 PM   #10
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
That's quite the theory. Here's you deciding on if you should buy the Clara.
That's about right. Well (hypothetically) a Clara arrived at my house at 11:22 A.M. — so slightly more than 35 hours from order to delivery (hypothetically).
Old 10-22-2021, 12:53 AM   #11
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
I'm pretty sure that they do.
My understanding is that because of the way e-ink works, dots per inch is more accurate thank pixels per inch. Though in the end, I don't really care enough about it to go into discussion. PPI, DPI, whatever makes an individual happy. We all know what is being discussed.
Old 10-22-2021, 12:57 AM   #12
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Quote:
That's about right. Well (hypothetically) a Clara arrived at my house at 11:22 A.M. — so slightly more than 35 hours from order to delivery (hypothetically).
You must have wandered around your house with the package, singing "What's This?"