Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-14-2013, 07:12 AM   #1
dbellefuil
dbellefuil began at the beginning.

Device: none
Output file name after conversion

Is there anyway to make it so that Calibre keeps the original file name after converting to a different file format?

If I have input book named: author - A Book Name or author - The Book Name

Calibre saves it after conversion with the following name: author - Book Name, A or author - Book Name, The

How do I stop this from happening?
dbellefuil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:40 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I think there is something you are missing in your description? Calibre always saves the converted file with the same name but a different file extension as the file input to the conversion. Are you sure the name is not getting converted while adding the book to Calibre, or exporting it from the Calibre library? You did not mention these steps.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2013, 04:40 PM   #3
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
You can tweak how you want calibre to use and display book titles, either library_order or strictly_alphabetical.

Read more about it in the manual:

http://manual.calibre-ebook.com/customize.html#tweaks

I suspect that it is save_template_title_series_sorting that you want to adjust.

Last edited by Adoby; 06-14-2013 at 04:45 PM.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote