Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 03-14-2024, 12:12 AM   #1846
shuvashish76
Enthusiast
shuvashish76 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello, I'd like to request for a plugin to calculate file hash & assign them to user preferred column.
File hash is easier to compare between other files, also many sites use MD5s to identify files from various sources.
Other feature of the plugin could be detect if the duplicate/same file hash already present in the current library.

I could do that with other utilities e.g GtkHash or through terminal but that's painful, would be nice to do that in bulk & auto assign them to column.

Last edited by shuvashish76; 03-14-2024 at 02:20 AM.
shuvashish76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 12:44 AM   #1847
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Not the best idea to reference shadow libraries here as MR has no-piracy rule.

I believe the Check Find Duplicates can run a binary check already. However, a lot of things can change the eBook files, including I think opening in either ebook-viewer or ebook-edit with default settings (which save internal bookmarks and auto-updates metadata) so not all that useful.

Getting original hash upon import might be in scope with the GetFileName plugin.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 03-14-2024 at 02:22 PM.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 02:25 AM   #1848
shuvashish76
Enthusiast

(Thanks, removed the reference)
Seems GetFileName doesn't support file hash. Requested there

Last edited by shuvashish76; 03-14-2024 at 02:38 AM.
Old 03-14-2024, 02:40 AM   #1849
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
. . .

Getting original hash upon import might be in scope with the GetFileName plugin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvashish76 View Post
. . .
Seems GetFileName doesn't support file hash.
I think owb is suggesting: rather than a new plugin, the GetFileName (GFN) plugin could be enhanced to calculate a checksum and populate a custom column. As I recall, GFN runs when a book is added, before anything else like DeDRM etc.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 02:42 AM   #1850
shuvashish76
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I believe the Check Duplicates can run a binary check already.
How do I check duplicates? Where is that settings?
Old 03-14-2024, 02:47 AM   #1851
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
How do I check duplicates? Where is that settings?
I suspect he means the Find Duplicates plugin.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 06:02 AM   #1852
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I suspect he means the Find Duplicates plugin.
I'm a she
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 07:02 AM   #1853
shuvashish76
Enthusiast

BTW how does Calibre detects duplicates internally? (If you drop same file) Using file hashes or other methods?
Old 03-14-2024, 11:26 AM   #1854
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
BTW how does Calibre detects duplicates internally? (If you drop same file) Using file hashes or other methods?
Metadata read from the candidate. Author and title checks the Library (db) for the same.
Preferences: Adding books: Adding actions < for what to be done
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2024, 01:26 PM   #1855
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Hello, I'd like to request for a plugin to calculate file hash & assign them to user preferred column.
File hash is easier to compare between other files, also many sites use MD5s to identify files from various sources.
Other feature of the plugin could be detect if the duplicate/same file hash already present in the current library.

I could do that with other utilities e.g GtkHash or through terminal but that's painful, would be nice to do that in bulk & auto assign them to column.
You can use the Find Duplicates plugin to find exact copies. No need to generate a hash to do this. One other thing Find Duplicates can do is a search with a similar or the same title to find the different versions so you can choose which one to keep.

Last edited by JSWolf; 03-14-2024 at 01:29 PM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 12:03 PM   #1856
something random
Member Retired
something random began at the beginning.

Post Currently Reading & Read Books To Twitter

I'm a bit surprised this plugin doesn't already exist.
I would like to be able to post my currently reading and read books to Twitter.
Showing the Title, Series, Series Number, Authors, Date Read & Cover.
something random is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:13 PM   #1857
sirgilmour
sirgilmour began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Could someone add Calibre Cover Fixer v2 to Calibre?

I have the Kindle Scribe and since a few updates the sideloaded .mobi files never show the cover that is tied to it, a nice person created a github software that is a good workaround, but I would prefer calibre doing something about this issue since I don't think sending messages to amazon would resolve anything.
sirgilmour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:41 PM   #1858
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Unfortunately this would require someone who was interested enough to port the program to python and create a calibre plugin.

If anyone is interested I think the GitHub project is https://github.com/weto91/kindle-cover-fixer

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, chatbot, cover, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, kindle, metadata calibre title, missing, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development, scribe