Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-21-2011, 11:28 AM   #1
alliani
alliani began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Question Eject button on toolbar?

I know I can choose "eject device" via the drop-down arrow on the device icon, but is there a way to add an eject button directly to the menu?

TIA
~Lori
alliani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 11:34 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
no, there isn't
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-21-2011, 01:19 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliani View Post
I know I can choose "eject device" via the drop-down arrow on the device icon, but is there a way to add an eject button directly to the menu?

TIA
~Lori
If You have the Calibre Icon in the Tool Tray: The Eject choice is also there.

You can also use the 'stock', OS provided one
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:39 PM   #4
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
I know this is an old thread, but I found it with a search and think it's still applicable.

Because I have nightly news recipe that runs and I only buy/add book content irregularly, most days I click just one button - the eject button. Would it be difficult to expose a dedicated eject button on the menu bar?

Pie-in-the-sky idea, of which I've got no idea how it would be implemented: It'd be handy if I didn't have to eject my reader manually each morning. Some (not so useful?) ideas are to add an auto-eject option for a recipe or eject at a given time of the day. Maybe an option for the existing eject option (or new eject button above!) to eject once the current job queue is empty (ie, after all sync activity is done). I fully accept that anything along these lines is very likely to never eventuate .

If it matters at all, I have a Sony PRS T1 with Calibre running on Windows 7.

Cheers,
Simon.
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:05 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You can add a keyboard shortcut for eject via Preferences->Keyboard.
Advert
Old 12-07-2012, 11:25 PM   #6
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Kovid,

I've just been through the complete Preferences->Keyboard section and couldn't find an eject entry, nor could the search for shortcut name find "eject".

Cheers,
Simon.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:52 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Ah yes, that particular action is not exposed, sorry.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:22 AM   #8
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
There is the SmartEject plugin. It has some options to check the state of books before ejecting, but if you turn them all off, it will just eject the device.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 05:37 AM   #9
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
There is the SmartEject plugin. It has some options to check the state of books before ejecting, but if you turn them all off, it will just eject the device.
Thanks David, this is exactly what I was looking for! I mustn't have been using the right mix of search terms.

Cheers,
Simon.
Old 12-08-2012, 07:31 AM   #10
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkophilus View Post
Thanks David, this is exactly what I was looking for! I mustn't have been using the right mix of search terms.
FYI there are sticky posts at the top of all calibre forums that, unlike other forums, actually have currently pertinent information. One particular post you might find interesting is the Index of plugins.

Good reading.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote