Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-14-2018, 01:25 PM   #1
cadcam
The book reading machine!
cadcam began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyager, IPad's, Galaxy Tab, Amazon Fire's
Smile Kindle worthless library management

What would be really helpful is a way to import all of my books from my Kindle (Oasis), into Calibre and let Calibre manage what I have read and not read - along with removing duplicate content. With 500 books loaded and Calibre dying one day, there is no way to know what I have read or not read.

Last edited by cadcam; 05-14-2018 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Missed a sentence
cadcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 01:47 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
IMHO there can't be 2 masters. You need to decide how you will manage.

I chose K4PC: Alph's tools into Calibre: Calibre to my K4nt

The downside is no cross anything reading location (inc done)
Using the K's library (needs to be connected) allows that
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-14-2018, 07:48 PM   #3
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
First, create a column to indicate if you have read/not read a book. There are multiple threads on here to do so. Most of us just indicate we've read it by giving it a 1-5 star rating (it's OUR library after all). Since my library is accessed by multiple family members, I have a separate column for me with a check mark for items I have read since sometimes when I import from Amazon, it comes with a star rating (why is that? I don't know).

Second, there is a plug in that will sort out duplicates in your library. Don't recall if it was free or not, but it is quite worthwhile when you have a LOT of ebooks. It's called "Find Duplicates".
Tarana is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle library, management