Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 05-09-2018, 07:54 AM   #1
pidgey
pidgey began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Dictionary Apps that work with Marvin 3

I figured it's possible to connect Marvin 3 to Lingvo dictionary app and look up for words translations, is that possible with other dictionary apps as well? Like Longman or Oxford or any other of the many dictionary apps available for IOS?
pidgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 02:26 PM   #2
nimapourkarimi
Connoisseur
nimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavens

Device: iPad mini 3, Kindle PW2
I use Wordweb and Dictbox, both work with Marvin 3.
URL schemes: wordweb://{text}
dictbox://{text}
nimapourkarimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2018, 08:24 PM   #3
pidgey
pidgey began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimapourkarimi View Post
I use Wordweb and Dictbox, both work with Marvin 3.
URL schemes: wordweb://{text}
dictbox://{text}

Very nice, how did you figure out the URL schemes? Maybe i could try the same system for other dictionary apps.
pidgey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 05:25 AM   #4
nimapourkarimi
Connoisseur
nimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavensnimapourkarimi is a rising star in the heavens

Device: iPad mini 3, Kindle PW2
Usually the url schemes are something like this: dictionary app://{text}, in marvin 3 you should put "text" in the place holder, in marvin 2 it's "define" instead. Some dictionaries have different kinds of url schemes for example here is the url scheme for Terminology app: https://agiletortoise.zendesk.com/hc...gy-URL-schemes
And sometimes somebody found out a url scheme and a google search could help, and also you can extract url schemes from the 'Info.plist' file in your app's .ipa file. here's how:
https://www.reddit.com/r/workflow/co...me_of_any_app/
nimapourkarimi is offline   Reply With Quote