Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-11-2017, 01:59 AM   #91
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@theducks: I have changed the resizing algorithm for the cover grid to take the window aspect ratio into account, that should give you better results in your wide window case. See https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...a8ba16302656a8
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 02:20 AM   #92
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@eschwartz: yes, it took a while

Note that calling calibredb is now pretty efficient if you connect it to a running calibre server. Without a server for every invocation of calibredb, it would have to load the entire database. Now it just connects to a previously loaded database.
True, but that would mean you have to spin up a backgrounded server instance to connect to, and assumes that no other instance is running yet.
I am (still!) getting used to the new workflow.

I would probably use calibredb myself now, though I do plan to run a server instance via my systemd user session.

I don't see an option in the new server to specify a saved search or restriction by which to limit the books a user can view.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2017, 02:38 AM   #93
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
It seems like the portable hang on startup problem is resolved with the newer beta builds for BR and nqk, leaving only sweetpea.

@sweetpea have you tried the newer builds?
No, because I was unable to play with it yesterday evening and then asleep But I'll start my tablet and try again.

Edit:
Ok, it works now.

Last edited by Sweetpea; 05-11-2017 at 03:03 AM.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 02:51 AM   #94
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@eschwartz: There isn't -- I decided to add support for Virtual libraries in the UI instead. Trying to mix that with also having per user VL restrictions is too messy.

You can restict users to libraries, but not restrictions within a library.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:59 AM   #95
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
I'm afraid that there's a problem with Kobo Utilities plugins. After 3 minutes it hasn't been able to get the reading positions, and it takes less than 4 seconds with calibre 2.84
I did connect one of my devices under the beta last night without problems. But, I don't remember if it was one that would automatically fetch the reading positions, so it might not have tested this. I'll try it properly tonight.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2017, 04:07 AM   #96
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@BR: Links on the book details page are now middle-clickable https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...5d39206969aa65
Old 05-11-2017, 04:18 AM   #97
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
I did connect one of my devices under the beta last night without problems. But, I don't remember if it was one that would automatically fetch the reading positions, so it might not have tested this. I'll try it properly tonight.
Yes, it connected and sent metadata. The problem was at getting reading positions only. If you have no problem, I'll try to debug it.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 04:35 AM   #98
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@BR: Your problem with the ids was likely caused by not having the same set of metadata download plugins installed in the calibre instance you were using for the server and the main one.
Old 05-11-2017, 05:59 AM   #99
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Date formatting should be fixed . . .
thanks

Quote:
@BR: Links on the book details page are now middle-clickable . . .
thanks

Quote:
@BR: Your problem with the ids was likely caused by not having the same set of metadata download plugins installed in the calibre instance you were using for the server and the main one.
confirmed - when I added the B&N, Beam and GR MD plugins they got 'resolved'

Somehow a mobi:asin had crept into the Banker New Clothes IDs, in the new server it was shown (as in earlier screenshot), but it's not shown in the GUI. And that wordnik reference somehow crept in too, that might have been when I was playing around with dictionaries and/or user defined IDs.

The _Test library I'm using is structurally sound, but it's also a dogs breakfast in a kitchen sink. But it's good for testing precisely because I don't try to keep neat and tidy.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 07:35 AM   #100
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
@DivingDuck: This should fix the library buttons not wrapping. https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...35169a56e2a515
I'll look into the issues with restricting the libraries.
Thanks
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 07:43 AM   #101
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
I have installed calibre-portable-installer-2.99.2.exe on my Windows 10 PC at work [do not tell my boss!]

I can't make Calibre Server work.
I have tried default Calibre port 8080, default http port 80, port 12345
I have tried to access it from various browsers using either localhost:8080 or 127.0.0.1:8080 (and other ports, of course) and nothing works. I have added calibre.exe to Windows firewall when it first prompted me. I have even tried to disable firewall for a few minutes [do not tell our administrator ;-) ]. Doesn't work.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 07:48 AM   #102
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@nqk Not being able to type in the preferences in Chrome on android is actually a bug in chrome -- I have added a workaround, it will be in the next release. https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...e2da849c73c0f2
Old 05-11-2017, 07:49 AM   #103
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@kacir look at the server logs in Preferences->sharing over the net

Almost certainly your work computer has some securoty policisies that prevent the server from running.
Old 05-11-2017, 07:51 AM   #104
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Yes, because I have just run calibre portable at my computer work [don't say my boss ] and it works.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 08:05 AM   #105
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
Yes, it connected and sent metadata. The problem was at getting reading positions only. If you have no problem, I'll try to debug it.
I'm not seeing a problem with 2.99.2. My Glo HD has about 4200 books on it. The library has 4895 books in it and took about a minute to build the list. The job looked at 2554 books and took 2 seconds to run the job. There was only one book with an update.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote