Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 05-07-2018, 10:09 PM   #1
robynnwebb
robynnwebb began at the beginning.

Device: Windows 10
Libraries in DropBox and on C drive

Hi,
I want Calibre to use 2 folder structures: one in dropbox and the other on the C drive. And for the Calibre Library to show all. I've used the 'Tweak' so Calibre will see the Dropbox library as well as the My Documents one, but the library doesn't show any books from Dropbox.

It looks like Calibre isn't refreshing its library to recognise when there are file changes (ie adding/deleting books from the folders.

What have I missed?
robynnwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 11:27 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Not quite sure what you are trying to describe and what Tweak you are talking about. A given Calibre library can only ever exist at a single location - not split over two locations.

Are you perhaps talking about ab export folder or an import folder?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 03:51 AM   #3
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by robynnwebb View Post
It looks like Calibre isn't refreshing its library to recognise when there are file changes (ie adding/deleting books from the folders.

What have I missed?
You must use the Calibre interface for any operation with the files, including adding/deleting. If you use the file explorer (i.e. add/delete directly from the library folders), Calibre won't recognize the changes and you will end up with a seriously messed up library.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 01:48 AM   #4
robynnwebb
robynnwebb began at the beginning.

Device: Windows 10
Thanks Itimpi and Sirtel,
I was looking to have the library include my Dropbox ebooks and those I store locally. There is a tweak to open a library at the beginning, but it didn't do much. I solved the problem by having the library in the locally-stored Dropbox folders. o now it gets sync'd with the cloud and I can see books using my PC or the cloud. Cheers
robynnwebb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
library refresh