Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 05-28-2017, 08:27 AM   #316
Piers
Piers began at the beginning.

Device: Bebook
Kob Arc login problems

My Kobo Arc functioned great, till I decided to secure it with a password. When trying to login the keyboard isn't showing but a microphone. I have tried to put in the password with my voice, but that isn't working. It is such a pity as the Arc works great and Kobo's only suggestion was throwing it away . Is there someone with a great idea?
Piers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:03 AM   #317
markyisri
Connoisseur
markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piers View Post
My Kobo Arc functioned great, till I decided to secure it with a password. When trying to login the keyboard isn't showing but a microphone. I have tried to put in the password with my voice, but that isn't working. It is such a pity as the Arc works great and Kobo's only suggestion was throwing it away . Is there someone with a great idea?
Hi!

Don't throw it away! It can be fixed.

1. Is there a back button on the microphone?
2. You can factory reset without being inside Android, but you lose all your stuff
markyisri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 06:09 AM   #318
Piers

Hi,

Thanks for helping me out. No there's no back button on the microphen screen.

About factory reset. I tried holding down Volume Up + Power button, but the green Anroid Robot never appeared. I tried this several times but to no avail. I wouldn't mind loosing everything on the Kobo as long as it is functioning again
Old 06-10-2017, 06:23 PM   #319
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Does http://www.mobicpc.com/how-to-hard-r...t-setting.html help? Which model ARC is it?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 06:39 AM   #320
markyisri
Connoisseur
markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markyisri ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks for helping me out. No there's no back button on the microphen screen.

About factory reset. I tried holding down Volume Up + Power button, but the green Anroid Robot never appeared. I tried this several times but to no avail. I wouldn't mind loosing everything on the Kobo as long as it is functioning again

Try Volume Down + Power. I think that you used the fastboot shortcut.

Also, did you previously have USB debugging enabled?
Old 06-18-2017, 01:06 PM   #321
Piers

Quote:
Originally Posted by markyisri View Post
Try Volume Down + Power. I think that you used the fastboot shortcut.

Also, did you previously have USB debugging enabled?

Hi,
Thanks a million. He's working again. Your tip gave me the possibility to do a factory reset. Why, oh why, couldn't the Kobo help desk help me with this.

I don't know anything about USB debugging, but won't put a password on the tablet ever again.

Can't thank you enough.
Best,

Piers
Old 06-23-2017, 07:06 AM   #322
markyisri
Connoisseur

Quote:
Why, oh why, couldn't the Kobo help desk help me with this.
No problem. Good to hear it's working again.

P.S.:

The Kobo help desk, in my opinion, have not been too helpful. I think they had little knowledge on the internals of the Arc's operating system.

I think the Arc developers themselves are probably much more intelligent.

Last edited by markyisri; 04-09-2018 at 06:58 AM.
Old 11-27-2018, 06:37 PM   #323
starwarp2000
starwarp2000 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc 7 T647-KU-BK-K-AU8
I purchased my Kobo Arc 7 (Model: T647-KU-BK-K-AU8) on 26th April 2014.
I have never had any problems until now.
I installed an update around 2016 which worked fine.
Just recently, my Kobo said an security update was recommended to be installed, it updated my Kobo and now it is a brick.
I have searched and searched for the Original Firmware to rollback my device, but can't find it anywhere?
I did a Factory reset, the device updated, now the keyboard wont work?
Also, in most of the firmware updates, they say to place the unzipped files in the .kobo directory? I have looked and my device doesn't have a .kobo directory?
starwarp2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 09:09 PM   #324
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The instructions mentioning the .kobo directory are for the e-ink devices and not the Android tablets.

Old 11-27-2018, 09:41 PM   #325
starwarp2000
starwarp2000 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Arc 7 T647-KU-BK-K-AU8
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
The instructions mentioning the .kobo directory are for the e-ink devices and not the Android tablets.

Thanks Peter.
Would you know of the image for Arc 7 and how to install it?

All the image sites I have seen don't have Kobo Arc 7 listed?
starwarp2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 11:55 PM   #326
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

I don't think that any of the firmware for the Kobo android tablets has been posted anywhere.

Old 12-25-2018, 07:11 AM   #327
markyisri
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I don't think that any of the firmware for the Kobo android tablets has been posted anywhere.

Actually you can still get original Kobo Arc firmware from here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...38&postcount=5

This only works if your Arc is only soft-bricked (i.e. you can still use fastboot).
Old 08-16-2023, 12:53 PM   #328
14Crusader
14Crusader began at the beginning.

Device: kobo mini
I did a factory reset before discovering support had ended. I can't connect to wifi to set up again. Is there any solution?
14Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2023, 03:03 PM   #329
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
At this point, the answer is pretty much no.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
ama, developers corner, kobo arc