Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 09-02-2017, 07:05 PM   #1
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
how to get updated epub check?

When I do epub check in Sigil I get that the 4.0 version is available. How do I get it? Thanks
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 08:11 PM   #2
patrik
Guru
patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
You go to the forum "Plugins" and scroll down until you see the thread "epubcheck for Sigil" and download it from the first post.
patrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2017, 09:23 PM   #3
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrik View Post
You go to the forum "Plugins" and scroll down until you see the thread "epubcheck for Sigil" and download it from the first post.
Thanks, patrik, but I got bogged down when I followed Doitsu's instructions because I couldn't check "Use Bundled Python."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_114.png
Views:	136
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	158814  
Old 09-02-2017, 09:50 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
What version of sigil are you using?
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 01:50 AM   #5
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
Thanks, patrik, but I got bogged down when I followed Doitsu's instructions because I couldn't check "Use Bundled Python."
The "Use Bundled Python" option isn't available in Linux versions of Sigil. (Linux users need to manually install Python 3, if it isn't already installed.)
I.e., you can ignore this instruction, if other plugins work. Simply select the existing epubcheck plugin, click Remove Plugin, then click Add Plugin and select the plugin zip file.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-05-2017, 12:12 PM   #6
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
What version of sigil are you using?
Hi Peter. 0.9.5
Old 09-05-2017, 12:12 PM   #7
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
The "Use Bundled Python" option isn't available in Linux versions of Sigil. (Linux users need to manually install Python 3, if it isn't already installed.)
I.e., you can ignore this instruction, if other plugins work. Simply select the existing epubcheck plugin, click Remove Plugin, then click Add Plugin and select the plugin zip file.
That did it, Doitsu. Thanks!
Old 09-05-2017, 12:34 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Any reason why you aren't using the latest Sigil?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2017, 12:46 PM   #9
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Any reason why you aren't using the latest Sigil?
Hey Jon. No, not really. I guess since 0.9.5 is working good I don't want to rock the boat. Any major advantages to the latest version?
Old 09-06-2017, 02:51 PM   #10
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Just bug fixes. But some of those bug fixes prevent serious crashes. I strongly recommend keeping up to date on the Sigil itself. We will keep backwards compatibility with the plugins from here forward (unless something unexpected happens) and no major breakage is expected as most changes are bug fixes and refinements. So you should not have to reinstall the plugins and it should all just work. Plugin updates do happen from time to time but they can always be found via the Sigil Plugin Index on this site.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 12:50 PM   #11
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Just bug fixes. But some of those bug fixes prevent serious crashes. I strongly recommend keeping up to date on the Sigil itself. We will keep backwards compatibility with the plugins from here forward (unless something unexpected happens) and no major breakage is expected as most changes are bug fixes and refinements. So you should not have to reinstall the plugins and it should all just work. Plugin updates do happen from time to time but they can always be found via the Sigil Plugin Index on this site.
Thanks Kevin. That's good advice and I am going to update Sigil, and I figure I might as well update the (I only have two) plugins as well.