Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 02-03-2015, 08:54 AM   #76
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
I don't think we scroll in A2 mode. A2 is used for very few things IIRC.

When in file browser, there is no "already opened document" (as it is closed then). You can use the history (via menu) to go back to the last viewed document, which is probably what you mean.
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 09:43 AM   #77
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook InkPad 3 & Touch HD 3, Kobo Clara HD, Kindle Paperwhite 5
Thanks for the effort!
I installed KoReader on my PB Touch Lux 2 with FW 4.4. It works ok, once the book is opened. It takes a long time, though, to open a book. When I click on a file to open in KoReader, a message appears and stays there for more than a minute. If I press the menu button during this time the screen flashes with the home screen and the book cover and somehow I end up in the open book. It would be great if this problem could be resolved.

I'd also need to know if there is a EN-EN or EN-German stardict dictionary for KoReader. How can I implement a dictionary into the app?
LucyOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-03-2015, 11:47 AM   #78
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
I can confirm the ling time it takes to open a book.
A book that opens in 20 seconds on Koreader for Kobo can take up to 20 minutes(!) in Koreader for PocketBook. Once the cache file got created Koreader is not really slower on PB than it is on Kobo, but the first start of a book is really bad.
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 01:02 PM   #79
LucyOne
Librocubicularist
LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LucyOne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

In the meantime, I found stardict dictionary data and copied it into the right directory. But nothing happens when I want to look up a word.
Old 02-03-2015, 05:10 PM   #80
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
I don't think it takes a long time for the book to open, it just takes a long time for the screen to be updated with the new contents. If you touch the screen, it updates right away. I think the program is just missing some event that tells it when to update the screen as soon as it's ready.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2015, 01:49 AM   #81
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
I don't think it takes a long time for the book to open, it just takes a long time for the screen to be updated with the new contents. If you touch the screen, it updates right away. I think the program is just missing some event that tells it when to update the screen as soon as it's ready.
That's what I thought first.
But after nothing happened after a minute or two I also started touching and clicking buttons. And I had to wake up the device a few times from falling asleep. It does not take 20 minutes for every book, just for really big ones (a few MB, no pictures, or just one title cover).
I did not really expect the book to open at all after 10 minutes or so, but I just kept waking it up and touching from time to time. And finally the book was there.
I have seen this not just with one book but with a few, and all of them open way faster in my Kobo's Koreader, even the small and weak Kobo Mini.
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 06:47 AM   #82
chrox
Zealot
chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 KPW PB840
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
That's what I thought first.
But after nothing happened after a minute or two I also started touching and clicking buttons. And I had to wake up the device a few times from falling asleep. It does not take 20 minutes for every book, just for really big ones (a few MB, no pictures, or just one title cover).
I did not really expect the book to open at all after 10 minutes or so, but I just kept waking it up and touching from time to time. And finally the book was there.
I have seen this not just with one book but with a few, and all of them open way faster in my Kobo's Koreader, even the small and weak Kobo Mini.
On the contrary, I have a theory that Koreader on PocketBook is a little too fast and it triggers a bug in Koreader to prevent screen refresh after the splash.
chrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 10:59 AM   #83
sadowski
Connoisseur
sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, Kobo mini, PB mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyOne View Post
In the meantime, I found stardict dictionary data and copied it into the right directory. But nothing happens when I want to look up a word.
I have something simple you can try, if this is not PB specific and just means that the dictionary code has not been set up:

This worked on a Kobo: if the time on the device, i.e., your Pocketbook, is behind the time on the computer from which you copy the dictionary files, the dictionary application "sdcv" seems to fail. It might look to it like all the dictionary files are from the future.

You can check this by listing the modification times of the dictionary files. If sdcv has run at least once, there is an additional cache file *.idx.oft. When I discovered this behaviour, the .oft file's time was two hours BEFORE all the other files' time despite it was created AFTER. I changed all times back to before the time of the .oft file, rebooted and the dictionary worked. This should of course also happen if you wait long enough for the device's time to catch up.

The internal clock seems not to be in the same time zone as shown by the UI, it is for me always two hours behind. I am in a GMT+1 time zone, so it does not even with respect to GMT make any sense...

I was very puzzled by this at in the beginning. The dictionary did not work right after copying the dictionary files over, just said "Nothing found" or so. Later all of a sudden it started working. Now I understand that only the Kobo's clock had caught up with the dictionary file times. Encouraged by this, I copied more dictionaries over and it stopped again since now these files were from the "future".

The sdcv code is not very readable, so I cannot easily see why this is so, but it is reproducible on the Kobo.

Last edited by sadowski; 02-04-2015 at 11:06 AM.
sadowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 11:20 AM   #84
LucyOne
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrox View Post
On the contrary, I have a theory that Koreader on PocketBook is a little too fast and it triggers a bug in Koreader to prevent screen refresh after the splash.
I think so too. I tried tapping the screen and the book opened after a few seconds.
Old 02-04-2015, 11:42 AM   #85
LucyOne
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadowski View Post
I have something simple you can try, if this is not PB specific and just means that the dictionary code has not been set up:

This worked on a Kobo: if the time on the device, i.e., your Pocketbook, is behind the time on the computer from which you copy the dictionary files, the dictionary application "sdcv" seems to fail. It might look to it like all the dictionary files are from the future.

You can check this by listing the modification times of the dictionary files. If sdcv has run at least once, there is an additional cache file *.idx.oft. When I discovered this behaviour, the .oft file's time was two hours BEFORE all the other files' time despite it was created AFTER. I changed all times back to before the time of the .oft file, rebooted and the dictionary worked. This should of course also happen if you wait long enough for the device's time to catch up.

The internal clock seems not to be in the same time zone as shown by the UI, it is for me always two hours behind. I am in a GMT+1 time zone, so it does not even with respect to GMT make any sense...

I was very puzzled by this at in the beginning. The dictionary did not work right after copying the dictionary files over, just said "Nothing found" or so. Later all of a sudden it started working. Now I understand that only the Kobo's clock had caught up with the dictionary file times. Encouraged by this, I copied more dictionaries over and it stopped again since now these files were from the "future".

The sdcv code is not very readable, so I cannot easily see why this is so, but it is reproducible on the Kobo.
Thanks for the explanation. How can I change the time stamp of the files?

I'm not sure if this is the problem here anyway, because I waited a whole day to try again and the lookup didn't work. It kept showing "No definition found." And there was no .oft-file created.

Can someone else try on their PB Touch Lux 2 if dictionaries work in KOReader? I downloaded some from this site:
http://abloz.com/huzheng/stardict-dic/bigdict/
Old 02-05-2015, 10:34 PM   #86
fantasword
fantasword began at the beginning.

Device: boox m96
Hello, I installed the koreader on inkpad, it's fantastic, far better than fb and cool. but only one problem, when i try to login with the evernote account, it always crashed, i have get the crash log file, hope someone can help me.

Atached mp shm: id 0 addr 40037000 size 17864
----------------> USING A2PLUS MODE <-----------------
attach_shm: mtfb key=251331929 size=2048336
Atached mtfb shm: id 148009 addr 40a5a000 size 2048336
-------------------------
The task - koreader.app have
xres=1200 yres=1600 bpp=4 vdepth=8
ndepth:4 hqdepth:4 orientation:0
attach_shm: ref key=2130378752 size=1920000
Atached ref shm: id 8001 addr 40cf2000 size 1920000
OpenTheme: /ebrmain/themes/Contrast.pbt
ts: loading default calibration values
Atached mqueue: id 8001
./luajit: error loading module 'ssl.core' from file 'common/ssl.so':
libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
stack traceback:
[C]: at 0x00043139
[C]: in function 'require'
common/ssl.lua:7: in main chunk
common/ssl/https.lua:10: in main chunk
plugins/evernote.koplugin/EvernoteOAuth.lua:6: in main chunk
plugins/evernote.koplugin/main.lua:180: in function 'doLogin'
plugins/evernote.koplugin/main.lua:151: in function 'action'
frontend/ui/uimanager.lua:296: in function '_checkTasks'
frontend/ui/uimanager.lua:444: in function 'run'
./reader.lua:138: in main chunk
[C]: at 0x0000bdf1
fantasword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 02:54 AM   #87
sadowski
Connoisseur
sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadowski ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:

I'm not sure if this is the problem here anyway, because I waited a whole day to try again and the lookup didn't work. It kept showing "No definition found." And there was no .oft-file created.

Can someone else try on their PB Touch Lux 2 if dictionaries work in KOReader? I downloaded some from this site:
On linux, you can use "touch" to change the time stamp.

As for the dictionaries, you can test them on a computer using the command line program "sdcv" for stardict dictionaries. This is the same tool as used by koreader for dictionary look-up.
Old 02-06-2015, 06:16 AM   #88
chrox
Zealot
chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chrox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 KPW PB840
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantasword View Post
Hello, I installed the koreader on inkpad, it's fantastic, far better than fb and cool. but only one problem, when i try to login with the evernote account, it always crashed, i have get the crash log file, hope someone can help me.

Atached mp shm: id 0 addr 40037000 size 17864
----------------> USING A2PLUS MODE <-----------------
attach_shm: mtfb key=251331929 size=2048336
Atached mtfb shm: id 148009 addr 40a5a000 size 2048336
The task - koreader.app have
xres=1200 yres=1600 bpp=4 vdepth=8
ndepth:4 hqdepth:4 orientation:0
attach_shm: ref key=2130378752 size=1920000
Atached ref shm: id 8001 addr 40cf2000 size 1920000
OpenTheme: /ebrmain/themes/Contrast.pbt
ts: loading default calibration values
Atached mqueue: id 8001
./luajit: error loading module 'ssl.core' from file 'common/ssl.so':
libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
stack traceback:
[C]: at 0x00043139
common/ssl.lua:7: in main chunk
common/ssl/https.lua:10: in main chunk
plugins/evernote.koplugin/EvernoteOAuth.lua:6: in main chunk
plugins/evernote.koplugin/main.lua:180: in function 'doLogin'
plugins/evernote.koplugin/main.lua:151: in function 'action'
frontend/ui/uimanager.lua:296: in function '_checkTasks'
frontend/ui/uimanager.lua:444: in function 'run'
./reader.lua:138: in main chunk
[C]: at 0x0000bdf1
You may need to update InkPad to firmware 5.4 or manually copy the libssl.so.1.0.0 and libcrypto.so.1.0.0 from firmware 5.4 to your system in the path "/usr/lib".
chrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 09:42 AM   #89
sadowski
Connoisseur

Quote:

I forgot: do you see the .oft file on the PB in the data/dict directory? If yes, this means sdcv did run but did not return a result to koreader.
Old 02-06-2015, 09:44 AM   #90
LucyOne
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadowski View Post
I forgot: do you see the .oft file on the PB in the data/dict directory? If yes, this means sdcv did run but did not return a result to koreader.
No, there is no such file. I don't think the dictionary runs at all.

Tags
calibre, epub, koreader, pb742, pdf, pocketbook