Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 12-18-2009, 04:31 PM   #16
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LARdT View Post
The forum admin at HANLIN site "guarantees" perfect function of SD cards until 4GB. 16GB /32GB are "theoretically" possible but discouraged.
Any idea why that is? If you support SDHC, there is no technical difference between 4GB and 32GB. The numbers are just bigger. 4GB SD (non-HC) is different in that you have to tweak the SD-card standard a little to accept them, but SDHC is SDHC, whether they are 4 or 32 GB.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:59 PM   #17
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
Any idea why that is? If you support SDHC, there is no technical difference between 4GB and 32GB. The numbers are just bigger. 4GB SD (non-HC) is different in that you have to tweak the SD-card standard a little to accept them, but SDHC is SDHC, whether they are 4 or 32 GB.
The extra overhead of the additional eBooks could cause the reader to slow down. It is only a 200 MHz processor but I think they are worrying over nothing.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 11:46 PM   #18
keng2000
Researcher and Consultant
keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.keng2000 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: MACBOOKPRO17" HP2400TX SONYUX27
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
If it is no difference, why it is SDHC? It should be 32GBSD , same as 512MBSD 1GBSD 2GBSD and 4GBSD

Please check and read this LINKS
keng2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 04:52 AM   #19
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by keng2000 View Post
If it is no difference, why it is SDHC? It should be 32GBSD , same as 512MBSD 1GBSD 2GBSD and 4GBSD

Please check and read this LINKS
There is a difference between SD and SDHC in the way the size of the file system is worked with internally. The SD standard uses a signed long int (in C parlance) and counts in bytes, so that the maximum size is 2GB. Many implementations accept it as an unsigned int, making the maximum 4GB (those are the 'non-standard' 4GB SD cards).

SDHC counts (effectively) in 16-byte blocks, thus the 32GB maximum.

My point is that if you support SDHC at all, there is no technical reason to support 4GB and not 8 or 16 or 32. They work the same, just like, say, 512MB or 1GB non-HC SD cards do. And indeed, they work fine technically; I'm using a 16GB one in my BeBook.

But like Dale says, it could well be 'They *work*, but you won't really like the results'. I haven't found it so, but YMMV.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:00 AM   #20
dingar
dingar began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
I want make files for Chinese Wikipedia, can you tell me how to write the command?
dingar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:46 PM   #21
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I give up. I need help installing this. I tried all the options and arrangements I could think of and after several days I give up. What should the files and file structure look like to get this thing to do anything but hang on start up. I bought an 8 GB card just to put this on. It fits but does not work.

Dale
Old 12-28-2009, 07:26 AM   #22
LARdT
The LARdT of E-Books
LARdT began at the beginning.

Device: HANLIN V3ext (Papyre 6.1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I give up. I need help installing this. I tried all the options and arrangements

Dale
You are not alone Dale. It freezes the device. I'll try to contact Leo to ask for help.
LARdT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:40 AM   #23
originkim
originkim began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V5(=EZreader PP)
It is such a great news to me.
But It won't work on V5?
It makes me sad!
originkim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:03 AM   #24
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
You are not alone Dale. It freezes the device. I'll try to contact Leo to ask for help.
Has anything happened to get this to work? I would like to try it but I cannot get past the opening screen. I suspect the file structure is bad and it can't find the wiki files or they are not in the correct format but I don't know for sure.

Dale
Old 01-12-2010, 11:15 AM   #25
LARdT
The LARdT of E-Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Has anything happened to get this to work?
Dale
Well, LEO has published the SDK he used to develop the app, and a bunch of programs.
I'm trying to contact him in regards to this.

http://mipapyreebookreader.blogspot....esarrollo.html
Old 01-30-2010, 05:41 PM   #26
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Has their been any progress on making this work? Is it really just a hoax?
Old 01-31-2010, 04:50 AM   #27
LARdT
The LARdT of E-Books

No hoax at all. I've made it work with TIRWAL'S 2.0 FIRMWARE.
Old 02-01-2010, 12:46 PM   #28
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Could you share how? What structure did you use for the files?

Dale
Old 02-08-2010, 12:33 PM   #29
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
I can't get this to work still. Does it require Tirwal's firmware to work? Or can it be made to work with Jinke firmware? I looked over your web site but did not see anything on this. Please share the instructions to get this to work.

Dale