Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-12-2017, 03:44 PM   #1
petermj
petermj began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Adding a download button to the Book List view

I'm missing the download button on the List view. I also miss the scrollable book description.

Could someone please tell me if it is possible to put them back? And if it is possible point me in the right direction to implement.

Of course if one of you has already done this and wouldn't mind sharing ...😀

Thanks a lot.
petermj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:17 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The Details pane is Hidden? Click "Layout" in the lower Right corner, then select the book icon

Download? From where, to where?
Try a right click on a title. Calibre offers a rich Context menu (and some of it is configurable in Preferences:look and Feel)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 09:27 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Download? From where, to where?

Check Preferences->Look and Feel->Show layout buttons in the status bar... to replace single Layout button with individual buttons for Book Details, Tag Browser, etc.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 02:38 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, it is not possible. You can customize what metadata is displayed int he book list, but not add additional actions to it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:14 AM   #5
petermj
petermj began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi, thanks for the replies.

I guess I wasn't clear that I had meant that I wanted the download button back in the book list when its displayed on a browser, not directly in the Calibre app itself.

kovidgoyal understood and thanks for the reply. Would you consider putting it back in the future?

Thanks a lot.
petermj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:52 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by petermj View Post
Hi, thanks for the replies.

I guess I wasn't clear that I had meant that I wanted the download button back in the book list when its displayed on a browser, not directly in the Calibre app itself.

kovidgoyal understood and thanks for the reply. Would you consider putting it back in the future?

Thanks a lot.
You are referring to the Content Servers, Web pages? If there are no acceptable (as configured) formats, the buttons will not appear
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CSButton3.JPG
Views:	150
Size:	56.7 KB
ID:	158418  
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
book lists, customization