Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 04-23-2010, 04:22 PM   #1
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Battery cases for the jetbook Lite

As we are discussing on this thread, I am planning to sell some fairly expensive items on eBay, so I am this week practicing with some auctions of inexpensive items.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81020

Today I started an auction of the AA battery cases I received this week.

http://cgi.ebay.com/3-AA-BATTERY-CAS...item1e5b96e883

We have discussed what a good idea these are relevant to owning a jetBook Lite starting with post #7 here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78512

Please take a look at my auction and feel free to make suggestions about how I can design it better, so that I'll do it right for the expensive items.

And if anyone wants to bid on the battery cases, be my guest! Better a friend should get them than a stranger.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:26 PM   #2
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Please take a look at my auction and feel free to make suggestions about how I can design it better, so that I'll do it right for the expensive items.
Several years back when I sold on Ebay, I accepted paypal, cashiers checks and money orders. Have you considered other payment methods? Not everyone has a paypal account.

Will watch your auctions, any WW II magazines or such?
uRwhatUr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-23-2010, 05:36 PM   #3
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

uR, too many friends have told me about scammers who use false money orders. I am willing to sacrifice a little money to avoid hassles.

I understand that not everyone has a PayPal account, but I expect that people who will be bidding on my important items will have one (or will start one before the bidding ends if they are serious about wanting them).

By using PayPal, I can avoid a lot of problems and make it more likely that the Buyer behaves rationally. I'm new to all of this, but my understanding is that using PayPal decreases the likelihood of unpleasant surprises.

Thanks for your interest. I don't have anything regarding World War II, but I may have a mag or two regarding survivalism, if that would be of any interest to you. I bought a few around Y2K, but I'm not sure if I still have them. I threw away a lot of stuff a few years ago.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:25 PM   #4
uRwhatUr
Groupie
uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.uRwhatUr is no ebook tyro.

Device: Aluratek Libre
Quote:
uR, too many friends have told me about scammers who use false money orders. I am willing to sacrifice a little money to avoid hassles.
As I said, it has been several years ago. I never had any problems back then. I always requested USPS money orders. You have good people advising you. Hope you have success with your auctions.
uRwhatUr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 09:09 AM   #5
GhostHawk
Data Privateer!
GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.GhostHawk goes to eleven.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook& Jetbook Lite
Looks good Russell, good pictures and description.

My wife sold things for years on Ebay, Paypal always worked the best with the fewest problems.
GhostHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-25-2010, 01:51 AM   #6
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Hooray! Somebody today put my 99 cent battery cases on his watch list. Maybe tomorrow someone will actually bid! LOL
Old 04-25-2010, 03:40 AM   #7
DJHARKAVY
Addict
DJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Blackberry, jetbook lite
Quote:
Hooray! Somebody today put my 99 cent battery cases on his watch list. Maybe tomorrow someone will actually bid! LOL

Can always use a few more cases.
DJHARKAVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 03:46 AM   #8
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Karma to you, DJHARKAVY!
Old 04-28-2010, 12:48 AM   #9
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

The auction ends in 14 hours, and the high bid is 99 cents!

However, it has three people "watching" it, so maybe at the last minute they'll all jump in and bid it up!
Old 04-28-2010, 05:05 PM   #10
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

And we have a winner!

Congratulations djharkavy, and thanks for playing!
Old 04-28-2010, 10:30 PM   #11
DJHARKAVY
Addict
DJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Blackberry, jetbook lite
Quote:
And we have a winner!

Congratulations djharkavy, and thanks for playing!
You are welcome. And I can use a few cases, as I said. You have been paid as of now...
DJHARKAVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:29 PM   #12
simplyparticular
Guru
simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simplyparticular ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3 & GlowLight 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by uRwhatUr View Post
Several years back when I sold on Ebay, I accepted paypal, cashiers checks and money orders. Have you considered other payment methods? Not everyone has a paypal account
For those who haven't sold in awhile, eBay no longer allows sellers to accept anything other than PayPal or your own Internet merchant account for credit cards. eBay wasn't earning PayPal fees off those transactions...

On the plus side, buyers don't have to have a PayPal account to send money via PayPal, although I doubt most buyers realize that.

Bree
simplyparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:44 PM   #13
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

I have found it to be pretty complicated. My guess is that a lot of people were thinking of ways to keep from paying fees to eBay, so ebay has closed loopholes and made it more complicated. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it's just not newbie-seller friendly.

Anyway djharkavy, your package is wrapped and will go out in tomorrow's mail.
Old 05-08-2010, 07:54 PM   #14
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!

Daniel, I put in my feedback, "Early bidder. Immediate payor." I figure that ought to look good to anyone who clicks on your link.