Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 01-30-2020, 08:50 PM   #16
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedReader View Post
Personally I wouldn't use any such site even for Public Domain.
Calibre is "free" (please donate) and has been trouble free for me on XP, Win7 and Linux.
Runs on MacOS, Linux and Windows.
It's far better and more flexible than any online site.
It also is the best way to manage more than 50 books, one device, several and works with Kindle, all makes & models of ePub based readers I've tried, two Android phones and two Android tablets I have, all different versions of Android.
It also does a better conversion from docx to epub2 and upload to Amazon for Kindle, than uploading doc or docx or mobi direct to Amazon.

Also this site hosts Kovid's excellent support for Calibre.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=166
He's courteous, helpful and unlike Microsoft, Google or Apple, he actually listens and fixes stuff!
Preach on, brother, preach on. I've been using Calibre since it was libprs500 and by far the best way to manage a Sony PRS-500. I try to remember to drop some money Kovid's way every year. No idea how much I've sent his way, but he's worth every dime.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2020, 02:47 AM   #17
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
Preach on, brother, preach on. I've been using Calibre since it was libprs500 and by far the best way to manage a Sony PRS-500. I try to remember to drop some money Kovid's way every year. No idea how much I've sent his way, but he's worth every dime.
Ditto. I installed Calibre before I bought my first DRMed ebook in 2011, and have been using it constantly since. I also try to donate a little every year.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert