Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-02-2020, 04:13 PM   #1
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Inspector - adjust font-size?

Greetings!

Is there a way to adjust the font-size of the Code View Inspector (make text bigger), either through settings or a custom stylesheet? I've dug through what settings I could find and Googled around, but my self-help efforts have fallen short.

Note: this is not a feature request — this is simply me asking if I'm missing something here

Thank you
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 04:23 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
According Chrome docs, using Cmd +/- should work. I have not tried it but QtWebEngine is basically a wrappered Chrome
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2020, 04:51 PM   #3
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
According Chrome docs, using Cmd +/- should work. I have not tried it but QtWebEngine is basically a wrappered Chrome
On my Windows machine, CTRL +/- works in the Chrome Dev Tools window, but not in the Sigil Inspector window.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2020, 04:55 PM   #4
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Could be the zoom keyboard code interferes?

Last edited by KevinH; 01-02-2020 at 05:02 PM.
Old 01-02-2020, 05:38 PM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Everything I've seen says Chrome? ... sure. QWebEngine? ... not so much.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2020, 12:25 AM   #6
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Cmd/Ctrl +/- does not appear to work in Sigil for macOS either (though it works in Chrome).

Not a biggie. I don't actually use Inspector. I was simply checking it out since it's been mentioned recently in a few threads. Thank you
Old 01-03-2020, 10:09 AM   #7
KevinH
Sigil Developer

I spent some time looking at it and there are many css files that are tightly packed inside a Chrome .pak file inside Qt. So user changes would not be easy. That said, the Inspector is just a QWebEngineView so I will implement Zoom in it as I did Preview. That way you will be able to use that same key sequence to make everything larger.

I need it for my own eyes so I assume others will as well.

I will try to get that in place this weekend if I get some free time.
Old 01-03-2020, 04:47 PM   #8
odamizu
just an egg

Sounds great! Thank you!

I'm rather baffled by Inspector, but very interested in trying to learn how to use it. The zoom feature will be welcome to my aging eyes.

Zoom would also be welcome in PageEdit's Inspector — not that I use that much either, just fiddling around with all the new stuff

ETA: I must admit I am really fascinated by PageEdit. The ability to open an unzipped epub by opening the opf with PageEdit is really cool.

Last edited by odamizu; 01-03-2020 at 08:20 PM.
Old 01-04-2020, 11:28 AM   #9
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Okay, just pushed support for this to master.

In the Inspector now (this is hard coded since the Inspector has its own key shortcuts we can not change)

Ctrl + "+" now does a zoom in
Ctrl + "-" now does a zoom out
Ctrl + "0" now does a zoom reset

I will push similar changes to PageEdit's Inspector later today hopefully.

KevinH
Old 01-04-2020, 12:01 PM   #10
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Okay, I did something similar for the PageEdit Inspector.
The problem is those key sequences are used to zoom the main Window in PageEdit and the Inspector is just a QDockWidget in PageEdit (not a top level dialog).

Therefore in order to allow the normal key sequence to zoom the Main Window, and still independently zoom the Inspector, I changed the Inspector in PageEdit to respond to

META + "+" to zoom in
META + "-" to zoom out
META + "0" to zoom reset.

This allows the user to independently zoom the Inspector and the MainWindow in PageEdit.

At some point, PageEdit may need to have a KeyBoard ShortCut Preferences of its own just to allow the user to change things, but for right now, that is low on my priority.
Old 01-04-2020, 05:30 PM   #11
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Many Windows and Linux users won't know what a META is.

if it maps to the Windows Key then be aware that Windows itself uses Windows Key + '+' to invoke its Magnifier - which is the most irritating gadget I know of .

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 05:39 PM   #12
KevinH
Sigil Developer

On a mac it maps to the option key. What would be safer to use on Windows given Ctrl +, Ctrl -, and Ctrl 0 are already taken?
Old 01-04-2020, 06:20 PM   #13
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
See ==>> Keyboard shortcuts in Windows - Windows Help

Ctrl/Shift/+, Ctrl/Shift/-, and Ctrl/Shift/0 should be OK.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 08:09 PM   #14
odamizu
just an egg

Quote:
Okay, just pushed support for this to master ...
... Okay, I did something similar for the PageEdit Inspector.

Now I have no excuse not to try to learn how to use Inspector in both programs
Old 01-05-2020, 04:48 PM   #15
odamizu
just an egg

Quote:
... I changed the Inspector in PageEdit to respond to

META + "+" to zoom in
META + "-" to zoom out
META + "0" to zoom reset.
Not sure if this is peculiar to me and my Mac, but META is mapped to the Control key rather the Option key on my Mac (which I never changed as I don't know how). So this is what I'm getting:

PageEdit Main WYSIWYG window:
  • Command + "=" to zoom in
  • Command + "-" to zoom out
  • Command + "0" to zoom reset

PageEdit Inspector window:
  • Control + Shift + "=" to zoom in — (it took me a while to figure out "+" is actually Shift + "=" )
  • Control + "-" to zoom out
  • Control + "0" to zoom reset

Chrome Developer window:
  • Command + "=" OR Command + Shift + "=" to zoom in
  • Command + "-" OR Command + Shift + "-"to zoom out

Sigil Preview window:
  • Command + "=" to zoom in
  • Command + "-" to zoom out

Sigil Inspector window:
  • Command + Shift + "=" to zoom in