Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-18-2013, 12:43 PM   #151
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
a creator-ectomy
Great concept! I will almost certainly find a use for it in the not-too-distant future!
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 02:10 PM   #152
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinJapan View Post
Yikes. I used Sigil exclusively to put together my first book — I don't know what I'll do without it! Hopefully it won't come to that, but it doesn't sound too promising at the moment...
You may find it comforting (or perhaps only alarming) that I am a daily user of WordStar, whose 7D iteration I purchased as I recall in 1991.

Indeed, if Sigil were still under development, I would love to see the WS "diamond" implemented there. I was always a good typist, but I didn't become a whiz until I discovered WordStar in 1982, in its CPM lifestyle.

As matters stand, I have two comparatively new Windows 7 32 bit machines that run both WordStar and Sigil wonderfully well, and I figure they are good for at least five and maybe ten years.

Last edited by Notjohn; 10-18-2013 at 02:12 PM.
Advert
Old 10-18-2013, 02:25 PM   #153
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notjohn View Post
You may find it comforting (or perhaps only alarming) that I am a daily user of WordStar, whose 7D iteration I purchased as I recall in 1991.

Indeed, if Sigil were still under development, I would love to see the WS "diamond" implemented there. I was always a good typist, but I didn't become a whiz until I discovered WordStar in 1982, in its CPM lifestyle.

As matters stand, I have two comparatively new Windows 7 32 bit machines that run both WordStar and Sigil wonderfully well, and I figure they are good for at least five and maybe ten years.
Is this version of Wordstar already for Windows 3.x, or is it still the DOS version? If it's the latter, you can basically run it on anything that runs DOSBox

If it's the Windows 3.x version, you'll need to stick with Windows 7 32-bit, as the 64-bit version has no support for 16-bit code.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #154
Notjohn
mostly an observer

It's the DOS program. I've never toyed with Dosbox. Does it allow for copying/pasting between Windows Clipboard and the DOS program?
Old 10-25-2013, 02:47 PM   #155
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
It's the DOS program. I've never toyed with Dosbox. Does it allow for copying/pasting between Windows Clipboard and the DOS program?
That is a standard Windows feature (since 3.1), either direction.

You use the edit option, by right-clicking the Dos Icon in the upper left corner of the DOS box. It is limited to the DOS extended ASCII character set
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2013, 11:12 AM   #156
Notjohn
mostly an observer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You use the edit option, by right-clicking the Dos Icon in the upper left corner of the DOS box. It is limited to the DOS extended ASCII character set
Thank you; that's good to know!
Old 11-01-2013, 11:45 AM   #157
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
If it runs in the Windows DOS emulation environment, then yes.

If it does not run there, then you can try DOSBox. It is most often used to run old games: this was the DOSBox I was referring to. It doesn't just emulate DOS, it emulates a complete computer. It's a virtualization program.

http://www.dosbox.com/

I do not know if DOSBox allows copy/paste between Windows and the DOS program. I've never tested it; I only use it to run (very old) games when I'm feeling nostalgic
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote