Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 08-15-2019, 11:16 AM   #1
albare
Connoisseur
albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: kobo h2o
Sugestion. Light off, or on at poder on

I cant find this option.
After restart from suspension three options.
Restart with light on
Restart with light off
Restart remember last light status.

I normaly read with Sun. And cant see the light is on.
I wan start with light off and push the corner to on the light.

Thank's!

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5X mediante Tapatalk
albare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 02:37 PM   #2
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I am quite a few releases back from the current one, but it may be that the toggle for the frontlight is still in the bottom left corner. When it is toggled there is a temp message box with "Frontlight is on" or "Frontlight is off".

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2019, 02:45 PM   #3
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Also, status bar can show light status (off or percentage of it). So, if someone is worried if light is on, he should show light status in status bar.
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 03:14 PM   #4
albare
Connoisseur
albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.albare could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Yes the solution now is see the status bar. But every day I forget and I pass a lot of hours with the light "on" in the beach. I read at night and In the morning with sun I don't remember put off light.(only opening the cover I beging to read).

For my is better push always the left corner if necessary.
But for others could be different and I think is a good idea in the illumination settings a selection options to select the light start option.
Is only a suggestion.
Thanks!

Old 08-15-2019, 06:43 PM   #5
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by albare View Post
Yes the solution now is see the status bar. But every day I forget and I pass a lot of hours with the light "on" in the beach. I read at night and In the morning with sun I don't remember put off light.(only opening the cover I beging to read).

For my is better push always the left corner if necessary.
But for others could be different and I think is a good idea in the illumination settings a selection options to select the light start option.
Is only a suggestion.
Thanks!

Until we find somebody motivated enough to do the job (which can happen tomorrow or in a century) you can modify the values yourself.

You need to edit defauts.lua (when you mount your device via usb it is in .adds/koreader/defaults.lua), in particular look at: https://github.com/koreader/koreader....lua#L172-L177

If you want to disable the light then set
Code:
KOBO_LIGHT_ON_START = 0
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2019, 01:39 AM   #6
albare
Connoisseur

I try this option but have two problems.
Only works if I "restart" koreader(start with light off)
But after power on after suspension don't work.(opening the book cover at the morning the light starts "on" again)
The second problem is that with this option don't remember the light levels settings. It start At level 0 (is not the same that only light off) and if I push the left corner it begins at 1%.

Thanks for the try!.

Old 08-16-2019, 09:48 AM   #7
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Handling the frontlight properly is fairly insane on Kobo. It currently mostly works, but no-one really wants to touch it anymore, because it's overly complex for one simple reason: we cannot *read* the current fl level from the device.

(... Until Mk.7, but that's irrelevant, since *we* don't).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 04:57 PM   #8
Alan_S
Evangelist
Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alan_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by albare View Post
But every day I forget and I pass a lot of hours with the light "on" in the beach.
Well, there's at least one good (or maybe even great) news.

For some reason, light is so energy efficient that it doesn't impact battery that much and having light on of off is pretty much the same.

Only strange thing is, if you worry that much, how you can forget? I mean, things that are important to me, I don't forget them...
Alan_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 12:20 AM   #9
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
If it is on and you tap the bottom left corner - you will see the message box telling you that it is now off, the condition you wanted.

If it is off and you tap the bottom left corner - you will see the message box telling you that it is now on, so you can just tap again to have the condition you wanted.

So.. one or two taps for peace of mind.

Luck,
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 02:09 AM   #10
albare
Connoisseur

Yes yes! I understand is not a problem I every day put off light with left corner. But I am human!!, and some days I forget... Is a repetitive task and for me is better always begin with light off. But is only a suggestion!!.
The parameters I change will be perfect if it works after wake up.

Thanks!.

Old 08-17-2019, 03:57 AM   #11
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Sounds like a job for https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/5079
Frenzie is online now   Reply With Quote