Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 08-13-2019, 07:45 PM   #1
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
What subforum to use for Moon+ Reader Pro questions?

I just bought Moon+ Reader Pro during it's current sale for 1/2 price (throughout August 2019)

What subforum here on MobileRead is the best place to search for and/or ask questions on how to use this app?

I have not been able to find a User Manual or comprehensive Tutorial when searching the web, which seems odd because this is a pretty complex/configurable app. I would describe this app as very feature-rich, but not always intuitive to use.

I'm not really looking for advice to "try everything and see what it does". I've been doing that for hours now. I can get around and use the app at a basic level, but some things still don't make sense or they appear to work incorrectly. Other features are probably there, but I can't locate them or figure out how to work them.

For example, I'd like to add notes to a few things. There is a Notes feature under highlighting, and also an icon for a pencil drawing a line, which appears to be an "annotation" thing. OK, I figured out how to add notes via these two routes (kind of). Question #1: Why would you use one method over the other? Question #2: I'm wondering where I might find an index of my notes so that I can search through all of them and jump to a specific one. That feature has got to be there somewhere, otherwise what do you do? Scroll through the entire book page-by-page until you randomly run into the note you are looking for? That wouldn't make any sense.

Some kind of user manual or tutorial would sure be helpful to new users with questions like these. If anyone knows of a link to such a thing, please let me know where it is. Also, which MobileRead subforum to ask about Moon+? I tried "E-book Software" -> "Reading and Management" but when I just scanned there it contained a real mishmash of topics/products. So I went to Google and entered "moon+ reader pro site:www.mobileread.com" and that turned up hits that were mostly in "E-Book Readers" -> "Android Devices". Moon+ is software, not a device, so I was surprised to find more hits in the hardware (device) area. So which is the correct subforum to use?
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 12:30 AM   #2
lumpynose
Wizard
lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lumpynose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm Pilot M105
Isn't it for Android? I don't know if it's also available for the iPad.
lumpynose is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2019, 12:37 AM   #3
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
scroll down