Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 03-21-2019, 11:25 AM   #1
SpiritualMadMan
SpiritualMadMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiritualMadMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiritualMadMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiritualMadMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiritualMadMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiritualMadMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiritualMadMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiritualMadMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiritualMadMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiritualMadMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiritualMadMan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Axim
Calibre Companion Feature Request

I downloaded and installed Calibre Companion and was disappointed that I couldn't find my books by either tether (transfer files) or direct connecting a flash drive to my Android Phone...

It would seem that these additional methods could be quite useful...

My ultimate goal would be to have my Calibre Library on a double ended Flash drive and be able to access the whole Home Folder anywhere I have a device.

I am assuming that the Calibre Home folder maintains the sync data for where you are at when reading a book?

I read at work on a PC and read at night on my Android Phone...

Even better would be an actual Calibre for Android!
SpiritualMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 05:37 PM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritualMadMan View Post
I downloaded and installed Calibre Companion and was disappointed that I couldn't find my books by either tether (transfer files) or direct connecting a flash drive to my Android Phone...

It would seem that these additional methods could be quite useful...

My ultimate goal would be to have my Calibre Library on a double ended Flash drive and be able to access the whole Home Folder anywhere I have a device.

I am assuming that the Calibre Home folder maintains the sync data for where you are at when reading a book?

I read at work on a PC and read at night on my Android Phone...
I am not sure I follow what you are suggesting, but here goes.

CC can "see" books that it puts on a device. With one exception, it doesn't see books that arrive via cables, email, file sync, or what-have-you. The one exception is CC's "Cloud Connection - Library on device or SD card". If you put a complete copy of your calibre library, including the metadata.db file, on your device somewhere then CC can "see" it and "download" books from it.

I don't know what a "Calibre Home folder" is. Perhaps you mean some information in custom columns? CC stores "is read" sync information in its own database and can pass that information to calibre in a custom column when you connect as a wireless device. Calibre's viewer doesn't update any columns when you read a book, so there isn't any automatic connection between the two. In particular, there is no possibility to sync reading positions/progress. To my knowledge no Android ereader app can sync positions/progress with calibre's viewer.
Quote:
Even better would be an actual Calibre for Android!
Well, yes, but that isn't what CC is, and isn't what CC will ever be.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2019, 12:34 PM   #3
pokkis
pokkis began at the beginning.

Device: Glo, Likebook
Any plans to allow saving cover picture with more pixels?
pokkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 01:29 PM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokkis View Post
Any plans to allow saving cover picture with more pixels?
In CC, go to Settings / Covers and Thumbnails / Downloaded cover size in pixels and choose the maximum: 480. You might also want to change the Cover size in book details or one of the thumbnail sizes.

If it is already set to 480 then no, there are no plans to support larger cover images.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 05:23 AM   #5
pokkis
pokkis began at the beginning.

Device: Glo, Likebook
OK, thanks. I was hoping support for lagre images than current max size.
pokkis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert