Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-04-2019, 05:45 PM   #1
Lordblacknail
Zealot
Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2 Oasis Many Fires Galaxy Tab S7 Plus
Collections Please Help

Ok this is the issue. I bought the Oasis 2. I was trying to create collections on it, it would say, this collection already exists on the cloud, use another name. I didn't want to use another name, so I deregistered my Oasis and moved it to another one of my amazon accounts. Now I have moved it back to the original account, so I would have access to all of the books that I have purchased from amazon over the years. When I did that, I not only lost all of the collections, but i lost all of the books that I have copied to the Oasis. Again, I try to create a collection, and I get the same message, change the collection name. I still don't want to change the collection name. I just spent 2 hours with amazon cs asking them how to get my collections from the cloud where they are, and got no joy. they have to be in the cloud, otherwise they wouldn't be able to tell me that the collection name already exists. If it is in the cloud, why can't I dl it to my Oasis? I am resigned to the fact that I have to re copy all of my 16000 books, and that I have to create collections again, but there has to be someway to not have to use a different name than the one I want to use. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Lordblacknail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 05:59 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Two possible solutions. First switch to the “ALL” view to see the collections in your account. Press and hold for menu and add to your device. Otherwise use Amazon’s content management web page to delete the conflicting collections from your account.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 08:55 PM   #3
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Just Download from the cloud the collections you want.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 04:10 PM   #4
Lordblacknail
Zealot
Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2 Oasis Many Fires Galaxy Tab S7 Plus
Did i mention that 90% of my books were not purchased at amazon?And I guess I don't know how to dl a collection from the cloud and cs wasn't able to show me how, but if you know, I am all ears. Thanks in advance.

5 D
Lordblacknail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 04:28 PM   #5
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
go to ALL ITEMS then check COLLECTIONS Double Tap Each one... when they are DL they will have a STAR next to them. Any You don't want either leave in Cloud or hold your finger on & then when the choices pop up just tap Delete from Cloud

I buy 90% of my ebooks from Amazon BUT download ZERO to my PW4 I HATE the way Authors feel they need to Repeat the title 2-4 times & you cant tell which # in the series is! I also convert everything for my Kobos

Last edited by Barbara1955; 09-05-2019 at 04:35 PM.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote