Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-14-2009, 07:58 AM   #1
jillforrest
jillforrest began at the beginning.

Device: nine
Cotton Wool World by Anna Westwood free!

http://www.feedbooks.com/userbook/4311
If you like dark observational social meanderings and aren't up yourself then you will love this book - it's just gone up now!
jillforrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:01 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Do you have some commercial connection with this book?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2009, 08:06 AM   #3
The Alternative
Techno-Junkie
The Alternative doesn't litterThe Alternative doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500 (x's 2), PRS-505, PRS-600, iPhone, iPad
Commercial connection to a FREE e-book?
The Alternative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:26 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

"Free" does not mean "in the public domain". I would like to know someone's reason for joining MR specifically to tell us about a newly-released book.
Old 03-14-2009, 08:30 AM   #5
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
I suspect Jill and Anna are one in the same and this is an attempt to get herself published. Nothing wrong with that IMO so long as it's free.

My $0.02

NormHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2009, 08:32 AM   #6
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormHart View Post
I suspect Jill and Anna are one in the same and this is an attempt to get herself published. Nothing wrong with that IMO so long as it's free.

My $0.02

As you say, nothing wrong with that, but it would be more honest to say "I am the author of this book", don't you think?
Old 03-14-2009, 08:51 AM   #7
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo
NormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmosNormHart has become one with the cosmos

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
As you say, nothing wrong with that, but it would be more honest to say "I am the author of this book", don't you think?
True but I'd be far more afraid/vulnerable posting my first book than going to beach in a new thong bikini.

Hopefully someone will post a kind review for us.

Old 03-14-2009, 08:52 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I'm sure you'd look lovely in a thong, Norm!
Old 03-14-2009, 08:52 AM   #9
The Alternative
Techno-Junkie
The Alternative doesn't litterThe Alternative doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500 (x's 2), PRS-505, PRS-600, iPhone, iPad
Quote:
"Free" does not mean "in the public domain". I would like to know someone's reason for joining MR specifically to tell us about a newly-released book.
Yes, but commercial connection implies monetary gain and since it is free then there is none. I believe you mean "publicity." And she may not be the author simply an interested friend or relative, in which case there is no "dishonesty" intended as you imply.
The Alternative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 08:56 AM   #10
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Strangely enough, someone called "Jill Forest" has a blog here with a story of that same name posted to it. Draw your own conclusions...
Old 03-14-2009, 09:10 AM   #11
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Whoever the author is, be prepared to get blasted or praised if someone decides it's worth downloading. You don't write a book, publicize it, and live in a bubble-world.

Don
Dr. Drib is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 09:39 AM   #12
NormHart
Semper Carpe Bufo

Talking

Quote:
I'm sure you'd look lovely in a thong, Norm!

I see I've "forgotten" to include my age, weight, and gender in my profile.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:59 AM   #13
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Whoever the author is, be prepared to get blasted or praised if someone decides it's worth downloading. You don't write a book, publicize it, and live in a bubble-world.

Don
Damn, and here I am having purchased the All-in-One Author and Ego Protecting Whizbang Bubble-O-Dome*. I knew that Snake Oil salesman was too good to be true!

*Yours now for the introductory price of $19.99**

**Guaranteed to ward off critics, naysayers, nitpickers and personal frailties***

***Not a guarantee.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:16 PM   #14
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alternative View Post
Commercial connection to a FREE e-book?
Marketing yourself by giving away a free book is a commercial task. If this person is the author, be forthright about it. We have several authors here whom have been promoted their work and been open about it. Two names come to mind, Jerry Carver and Steven Jordan.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 01:57 PM   #15
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
Quote:
Strangely enough, someone called "Jill Forest" has a blog here with a story of that same name posted to it. Draw your own conclusions...
Well spotted, Harry. And, the entry on Feedbooks was uploaded by "jillforrest".
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote