Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 03-21-2022, 05:18 PM   #1
azkanb
azkanb began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 10th generation
Song of the Second Wind is available on Amazon in the Kindle version for free on 3/31 and 4/1 (normally $2.99, or free on Kindle Unlimited).

https://www.amazon.com/Song-Second-W.../dp/B09RM5KPFL

It is what I consider a literary novel, (what can I say, I was an English major; I worked many years in restaurants).

Part road-trip, part coming of middle age, part spiritual/mystical odyssey. Maybe part homage to the beat generation, by a lonesome soul, too late and too self-conscious to take part in that era.

It was originally published in 2007, but the eBook version had problems, and the publisher said they were unable to fix them (?). I republished it with Kindle Direct Publishing, making a few changes, and fixing the Kindle version.

I always second guess myself... By literary novel, I don't mean to be a snob, it is more of a warning that the novel tends to be a bit slow paced with more descriptions and digressions along the way.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sedona_cover7_tiny.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	109.9 KB
ID:	192881  

Last edited by issybird; 03-21-2022 at 06:44 PM. Reason: Too soon to bump.
azkanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2022, 10:47 AM   #2
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Thanks! I'll be on the lookout for it. It's not my normal "cup of tea," but it sounds interesting.
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 08:54 AM   #3
azkanb
azkanb began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 10th generation
Thanks, curtw! Hope you like it.

Nice dog you have!
azkanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2022, 05:41 PM   #4
Martinoptic
Bibliolater
Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Thanks. Just downloaded it and look forward to reading it.
Martinoptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 10:46 PM   #5
curtw
Outside of a dog
curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.curtw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by azkanb View Post
Thanks, curtw! Hope you like it.

Nice dog you have!
Thanks. That's my former dog. She passed away in 2017. She was a sweetie. (and I snagged the book, thanks!)
curtw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook, fiction novel, free, mystical, road trip