Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 11-15-2010, 07:29 AM   #1
Oldpilot
Groupie
Oldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with others

Device: Kindle
difficulty with endnotes

Epubcheck doesn't like my endnotes! Here is a typical note as rendered in Sigil, having first been converted from mobi to epub format by Calibre):

<p class="calibre4"><a class="calibre9" href="../Text/visionepub_split_012.html#filepos91308" id="filepos181022"><span xml:lang="EN-GB">[103]</span></a> Ibid.</p>

And here is Epubcheck's complaint about it:

ERROR: visionnook.epub/OEBPS/Text/visionepub_split_018.html(631): 'filepos91308': fragment identifier is not defined in 'OEBPS/Text/visionepub_split_012.html'

The notes work just fine in Sigil Book View. That is, if I click on the 103 in the citation, it takes me back to the correct place in the text, and again if I click on the 103 in the text, it takes me to the relevant citation.

Some forty-odd endnotes follow this one, about which Epubcheck has nothing bad to say. Indeed most of the complaints are about the notes in a single chapter.

Where should I begin to look for the underlying error?

(I have uploaded the epub to Barnes & Noble as it stands, and the Preview was perfectly in order.)

Thanks!
Oldpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 04:45 AM   #2
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Can you find an element with id="filepos91308" in "OEBPS/Text/visionepub_split_012.html"? If you can, then that's a bug in epubcheck. You should report it on their tracker.

If you can't find the ID, then that's a problem with your epub. Make sure the anchor you're linking to is using an "id" attribute instead of a "name" one.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2010, 09:40 AM   #3
Oldpilot
Groupie
Oldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with othersOldpilot plays well with others

Yes, sorry, it reads in full:
<a class="calibre9" href="../Text/visionepub_split_018.html#filepos181022" id="filepos91308"><span>[103]</span></a></p>
Is that perfectly in order?

Thanks! I have roughly a hundred of these flags....
Old 11-16-2010, 10:23 AM   #4
Valloric
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldpilot View Post
Yes, sorry, it reads in full:
<a class="calibre9" href="../Text/visionepub_split_018.html#filepos181022" id="filepos91308"><span>[103]</span></a></p>
Is that perfectly in order?

Thanks! I have roughly a hundred of these flags....
No, this is the element you're linking from. You need to make sure that the element you're linking to has that "filepos181022" ID.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:15 PM   #5
Oldpilot
Groupie

Well, as posted earlier, it says this:

<p class="calibre4"><a class="calibre9" href="../Text/visionepub_split_012.html#filepos91308" id="filepos181022"><span xml:lang="EN-GB">[103]</span></a> Ibid.</p>

It appears that the text and the endnote reverse 91308 and 181022. Is that as it should be?

I am just barely able to stay afloat in this conversation, as if I were speaking Italian and you were answering in Portuguese....

Flight Crew finds no errors in this Sigil section. Preflight finds the identical error as Epubcheck.
Advert
Old 11-16-2010, 03:17 PM   #6
Valloric

Quote:
I am just barely able to stay afloat in this conversation, as if I were speaking Italian and you were answering in Portuguese....
That's probably because I misread your previous post. Sorry.

Quote:
Flight Crew finds no errors in this Sigil section. Preflight finds the identical error as Epubcheck.
If the code snippet really is in the file you're linking to, than this seems like a bug in EC.

You should probably report in on their tracker.