Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-23-2019, 12:25 PM   #1
dhume01
Connoisseur
dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhume01 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Last page read instead of screensaver?

Just bought the Boox Max 2 for reading technical PDFs, and I'm finding that the reader times out too quickly and changes the screen image. Is there a way, even if the device powers off, to keep the display on the last page read, so I can keep reviewing a page of data without having to press the power button every few minutes? Thanks!
dhume01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 03:40 PM   #2
Gameboy213
Connoisseur
Gameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheeseGameboy213 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle Oasis 2018, Onyx Boox Note Pro
Can’t you just change the timeout setting so it stays on longer or never turns off? Just checking settings. I have a note pro and have it set to not sleep until 30 minutes have passed.
Gameboy213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 08:26 AM   #3
whopper
Addict
whopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tonguewhopper can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Boox max 2
A lot of people have asked for that feature, but there is nothing afaik.
whopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 09:04 AM   #4
Question Mark
Guru
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura, KA1, Onyx Max
Although a little bit laborious, one could take a screenshot of a page that one was reading then long press on the resulting image to select it as the image for the lock screen or sleep screen.

Of course, one would have to pre-plan that. It wouldn't help much when the device unexpectedly shuts off or goes to sleep.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 09:41 AM   #5
nivieru
nivieru has met Morla.nivieru has met Morla.nivieru has met Morla.nivieru has met Morla.nivieru has met Morla.nivieru has met Morla.nivieru has met Morla.nivieru has met Morla.nivieru has met Morla.nivieru has met Morla.nivieru has met Morla.

Device: boox i86ml plus, nook simple touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
Although a little bit laborious, one could take a screenshot of a page that one was reading then long press on the resulting image to select it as the image for the lock screen or sleep screen.

Of course, one would have to pre-plan that. It wouldn't help much when the device unexpectedly shuts off or goes to sleep.
I once made an app to do that automatically so I always had the last page on the screensaver. But that was for a different device that had an ancient android version (2.1 I think).
nivieru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 01:32 PM   #6
Arjava
Arjava began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
Onyx is just lazy,on my Jing Page X when it go to sleep there will be just a line on the bottom of the page I'm reading that say "Sleeping",I can still read that page as long as I need!
Arjava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 08:24 AM   #7
azw409
Connoisseur
azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.azw409 is less competitive than you.

Device: Solar powered Kobo Touch running Android, Onyx M96C, Likebook Mars
That would be such a great feature, particularly for music scores which I tend to leave on for weeks whilst I try and learn them. A simple watermark or indicator to show that it's sleeping would be all that was needed.
azw409 is offline   Reply With Quote