Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-20-2019, 02:11 PM   #16
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: Deep in the heart of Texas (whether I like it or not)
Device: Kobo Aura, Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, Glowlight Plus, Glowlight 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
What are the benefits of auto-sleep (after X minutes) if I have brightness all the way down to 0?
Sleep turns the touchscreen off, so you don't accidentally turn pages and such. It also turns the lights off.

Power-wise, I'm not sure there's a difference (assuming the lights are already off).

You seem very concerned about conserving battery power. An e-reader isn't like a phone or tablet I'm not sure it's worth trying to squeeze every last percent of battery life out of the thing. With regular usage you should get weeks worth of battery life.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 07:25 PM   #17
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nooks, Kindles, Sonys, Kobos, Tolinos and others.
I use Linux Mint exclusively (except when not at home and borrowing someone else's computer). Calibre works fine with it (and I use several brands and models of eReaders). A Kobo plugin you might want to download (if you buy books from Kobo and want to de-DRM them) is Obok. Also works in Linux. (You may have to get a specific release. I can't remember right now.)
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 01:38 PM   #18
droopy
Groupie
droopy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma. Laptop is Linux Mint
Update: Based on DavidFor's post on https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=17, I have disabled the plugin called KoboTouch (2.5.1) by David Forrester, because I have KoboTouchExtended (3.1.5) by Joel Goguen.

I have kept enabled "Kobo Reader Device Interface" (2.5.1) by Timothy Legge and David Forrester.
If I should also disable this, please let me know
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 01:39 PM   #19
droopy
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
[...] A Kobo plugin you might want to download (if you buy books from Kobo and want to de-DRM them) is Obok. Also works in Linux. (You may have to get a specific release. I can't remember right now.)
Thanks for chiming in, rcentros. I don't buy books from Kobo, so I guess I won't need Obok.
Old 08-21-2019, 05:14 PM   #20
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I think right now I'd suggest stop worrying about patches, mods etc, and just start reading.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 07:52 PM   #21
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo,Aura H2O,Glo HD,Aura ONE,Clara HD,Forma;tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy View Post
Update: Based on DavidFor's post on https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...0&postcount=17, I have disabled the plugin called KoboTouch (2.5.1) by David Forrester, because I have KoboTouchExtended (3.1.5) by Joel Goguen.

I have kept enabled "Kobo Reader Device Interface" (2.5.1) by Timothy Legge and David Forrester.
If I should also disable this, please let me know
That driver is for older Kobo devices. The descriptions of the two built-in drivers state what device they handle. Unless you have one of the original two Kobo models, this won't get used.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 12:34 AM   #22
droopy
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I think right now I'd suggest stop worrying about patches, mods etc, and just start reading.
I am reading. Reading and learning about customizing my Forma experience.