Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 03-05-2019, 11:44 AM   #1
marek22
marek22 began at the beginning.

Device: K3, KPW2, KT2
Calibre

Hi please tell me it is possible to launch calibre on iPad pro?
marek22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2019, 12:09 PM   #2
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
No but there's a Calibre Companion app that connects with Calibre.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 04:51 AM   #3
svenlind
Fanatic
svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.svenlind ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Kobo Sage and Libra 2,Ipad mini 5
Calibre has a very excellent content server where you can get access to your Calibre libraries in a browser. But launching Calibre from IOS is not possible.
svenlind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 08:44 AM   #4
marek22
marek22 began at the beginning.

Device: K3, KPW2, KT2
Thanks
marek22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019, 12:57 PM   #5
upnseams
Enthusiast
upnseams began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro 11
How can I get my books on my computer from calibre to my Ipad pro. Thanks
upnseams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 10:54 AM   #6
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
I save all my books to epub from Calibre first, in folders made from the 'tag' column. I save them in epub format.

I use a ios program called "Filebrowser" on my ipads, and connect to my main computer. Then copy my epubs to it through wifi. You can password protect the files in the app if you want to.

Then I go to the right folder on Filebrowser, find the ebook I want, and click on it and choose "Open in" and it'll show my options on that device. I use Marvin. It'll send the epub to Marvin's library.

Then just open Marvin and select the book and read.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 03:27 PM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by upnseams View Post
How can I get my books on my computer from calibre to my Ipad pro. Thanks
The easiest way is to use the Calibre server.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2019, 07:34 PM   #8
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The easiest way is to use the Calibre server.
Agreed. You can access via your reading app if it has allowed it, or via a web browser, and go from there via "open in". I tried Calibre Companion but found it redundant so have dispensed with it.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 01:25 AM   #9
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyteflyer View Post
Agreed. You can access via your reading app if it has allowed it, or via a web browser, and go from there via "open in". I tried Calibre Companion but found it redundant so have dispensed with it.
It depends whether you want to have your Calibre library stored on your iPad, or just to be able to access your PC/Mac library from your iPad. If the former, use Calibre Companion, if the latter, the Calibre Server.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 04:18 PM   #10
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It depends whether you want to have your Calibre library stored on your iPad, or just to be able to access your PC/Mac library from your iPad. If the former, use Calibre Companion, if the latter, the Calibre Server.
Yeah. I used to want a lot stored on my iphone (i dont use my ipads for reading) but that was back in the Stanza days, and before I began storing my Calibre library in Dropbox. So I can get to books wherever I am, and no need for taking up valuable storage space on the phone.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 02:33 PM   #11
upnseams
Enthusiast
upnseams began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Pro 11
Ok everyone every time I try to use Calibre Companion I get error messages. And I have went through everything I can find to fix this problem. I have my IP address and port set exactly the same as Calibre but it will not connect no matter what I do. Wireless or content server. Can someone maybe tell me what I am doing wrong. TIA
Tam
upnseams is offline   Reply With Quote