Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-23-2013, 10:09 AM   #1
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
"Add existing files" doesn't show all directories

I stumbled on this when I edited an oversized bloated image and saved it as .jpg in the originating directory, which is always X:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp\Sigil\scratchpad\number-for-book, thinking I'd just import it then. But that's one of the many directories that Sigil doesn't pick up from "Add existing files." It seems Sigil ignores any directories that might contain system files.

Was that intentional as same safeguard? Or can it be changed somehow in settings? Or changed to show all directories in a future update?
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 10:22 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
I stumbled on this when I edited an oversized bloated image and saved it as .jpg in the originating directory, which is always X:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temp\Sigil\scratchpad\number-for-book, thinking I'd just import it then. But that's one of the many directories that Sigil doesn't pick up from "Add existing files." It seems Sigil ignores any directories that might contain system files.

Was that intentional as same safeguard? Or can it be changed somehow in settings? Or changed to show all directories in a future update?
Are you sure that it is not just ignoring 'Hidden folders'?

by reusing a Sigil 'temp' folder, aren't you going to block auto-cleanup on exit?
I have noticed that Sigil does not show the same files/folder paths as Windows Explorer does. %HOMEPATH%\"My Documents" AND Shared Documents
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-23-2013, 10:31 AM   #3
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No directories or files are hidden on my systems ever, that's one of the first things I set. So I would think Sigil would see the same directories and files as explorer would see.

Maybe there's a slight difference in which OS (I/m using WinXP), so for me Sigil will see X:\Documents and Settings the same as explorer does.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No directories or files are hidden on my systems ever, that's one of the first things I set. So I would think Sigil would see the same directories and files as explorer would see.

Maybe there's a slight difference in which OS (I/m using WinXP), so for me Sigil will see X:\Documents and Settings the same as explorer does.
Yes they are, you just choose to 'Show them' (Like I do). The attribute is still 'Hidden'
Old 02-23-2013, 10:49 AM   #5
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder

Ok, that's definitely it. As a quick fix I just removed the attribute from the Local Settings directory. But it would still seem that Sigil should respect your system settings and show the directories you see in explorer regardless of their hidden tag.
Advert
Old 02-23-2013, 11:43 AM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Ok, that's definitely it. As a quick fix I just removed the attribute from the Local Settings directory. But it would still seem that Sigil should respect your system settings and show the directories you see in explorer regardless of their hidden tag.
The 'Standard way in Explore based' Open,
to show you as set in your system settings (lighter colored for hidden)
Right-clicking the file gives you options (yes, you can delete a file in the Open Dialog).