Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-01-2005, 04:55 AM   #1
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
April Jokes

Reminder: Beware of silly 1st April jokes. No, Apple is not entering the PDA market (at least as of right now).
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 06:49 AM   #2
JJF01
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorow
Reminder: Beware of silly 1st April jokes. No, Apple is not entering the PDA market (at least as of right now).
Yeah, but I hear that they are introducing their new OS today.
Old 04-01-2005, 10:24 AM   #3
Bob Russell
Recovering Gadget Addict
Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bob Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Psion April Fool's Joke?

Even our favorite Palm Addict site seems to be getting into the spirit with a good one! This Psion post claiming
Quote:
the new Series 6 style Omega Wireless will be announced in London on Monday
It's a shame that it's an April fools item -- I'd love to hear they are going to start making Palm or PPC based devices, or even a Symbian clamshell!

He almost got me believing, but there are too many reasons to doubt...
1) The diagram looks suspiciously like one of the fabulous Mike Rhode sketches! He's got a great blog, and it will be worth your while to take a look at some sketches.
2) Psion is just now closing off consumer support
Quote:
As of the 1st March 2005 Psion no longer offers telephone or email support for their consumer products. This is a result of the announcement Psion made in July 2001, which stated that we would be withdrawing from the consumer handheld computer market.
3) Submitted by Bill Williams - who names their kid "William Williams"? (If I'm off base on this one, I've got some apologies to make to Willy!)
Anyway, I guess he'll let us in on the gag Monday. Even wishful thinking is not enough to make this one real!
Bob Russell is offline   Reply With Quote