Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-20-2010, 09:01 AM   #1
thisismespam
thisismespam began at the beginning.

Device: sony rps-600
PRS 600 russian language Problem

I have used calibre, do download russian news. After i have imported to the readed, i see only ?????? ????????? ?????????. Russian Books works in fb2 format,....not so the news in epub,...so what is the problem and how to fix it?
thisismespam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:49 PM   #2
dmapr
Evangelist
dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmapr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisismespam View Post
I have used calibre, do download russian news. After i have imported to the readed, i see only ?????? ????????? ?????????. Russian Books works in fb2 format,....not so the news in epub,...so what is the problem and how to fix it?
Are you converting Russian books from FB2 to LRF or EPUB? LRF & EPUB use different fonts and require different ways of "russification" to display correctly. Check the latest boroda firmware for PRS-600, I believe it includes both LRF & EPUB Russian language support.
dmapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-20-2010, 01:41 PM   #3
Baires
Baires began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
Quote:
Originally Posted by thisismespam View Post
Convert russian texts fb2 to epub with:
http://sorotokin.com/fb2epub.html
Baires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 04:55 PM   #4
thisismespam
thisismespam began at the beginning.

Device: sony rps-600
well fb2 doesnt work,...i was sure it worked! Last time sony updated the reader firmware was back in 2009. I will never buy any sony product again, there is no support. So there is custom firmware now for the reader? It is safe? to use it? or it completly new?
thisismespam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:53 AM   #5
Spotnik
Spotnik began at the beginning.

Device: nook
I'm having the same issue reading Russian news in the nook. I'm pretty sure I know what the problem is--there's no font embedded in the epub file. Is there some way to automate Calibre so that news fetches are automatically embedded with a cyrillic font? I have quite a few epubs obtained commercially where this is done as a matter of course. And, of course, the nook does not support non-roman characters natively.

Thanks!
Spotnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert