Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-16-2017, 06:19 PM   #61
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
I havent decided to update yet but I think I will be forced to update my phone, because apple watch is getting an update that I do want. I'll probably leave my ipad air 2 and ipad mini on ios10
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 06:21 PM   #62
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I always wait at least a few weeks to give app developers a chance to sort out incompatibilities.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2017, 10:00 PM   #63
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Been running the beta since beta 3 upto the Gold Master which I'm running now. My only complaint is that it breaks Calibre Companion's ability to send a book to reading apps. Hopefully Steve will be able to fix that soon and then all will be well.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 10:01 PM   #64
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, iPad mini, Kobo Aura, Amazon paperwhite, Sony PRS-T2
IOS 11 changes the way apps communicate, so currently the CC app can't send ebooks to the reader apps. A bit of a problem for that particular app. I have a original iWatch and ordered a iWatch series 3, so I'll update my iPhone to OS 11. I'll likely hold off updating my iPads until I hear if CC of IOS is going to get updated or not.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 10:10 PM   #65
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
I'll likely hold off updating my iPads until I hear if CC of IOS is going to get updated or not.
I definitely will wait since mine is used for reading about 95% of the time.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2017, 04:01 AM   #66
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
I definitely will wait since mine is used for reading about 95% of the time.
I can always just go back to my earlier set up of downloading all my ebooks to Marvin directly from Calibre if need be and then use the recently opened and reading list, but I would guess that the issue will get fixed reasonably soon. I tried downloading a book via Safari and opening it in both iBook and Marvin, so the functionality is still there.
Old 09-17-2017, 04:03 PM   #67
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwalker8 View Post
IOS 11 changes the way apps communicate, so currently the CC app can't send ebooks to the reader apps. A bit of a problem for that particular app. I have a original iWatch and ordered a iWatch series 3, so I'll update my iPhone to OS 11. I'll likely hold off updating my iPads until I hear if CC of IOS is going to get updated or not.
That series 3 is certainly a nice upgrade. But, I dont need GPS or a SIM, so I'm going to wait and see if the WatchOS4 works for heart rate on the older watch. I really would like the update to check and record any arrhythmias I have, because I have several a day, but these are always "cured" when my cardiologist has me do the Holter Monitor thing. Would be easier if there was something noticing all the time.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 06:03 PM   #68
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

I didn't order the one with cellular service. I have no real need for that. I just figured after two generations, the series 3 will have enough iterative improvements to make it worthwhile. I really didn't have a strong use case when I bought the original way back when, but now I would feel lost without it.
Old 09-17-2017, 09:31 PM   #69
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
On the Calibre Companion forum here, a couple of people have reported that the iOS 11 beta breaks it: cannot open something downloaded with CC. But I just started using it a little, and am using Cloud sync mode, so I can always open from OneDrive instead. While I have dozens of apps, I only use a dozen of the regularly, and none of them are particularly obscure. I plan to update as soon as I can.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 08:50 AM   #70
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
On the Calibre Companion forum here, a couple of people have reported that the iOS 11 beta breaks it: cannot open something downloaded with CC. But I just started using it a little, and am using Cloud sync mode, so I can always open from OneDrive instead. While I have dozens of apps, I only use a dozen of the regularly, and none of them are particularly obscure. I plan to update as soon as I can.
I've gotten a ton of updates over the last week for apps. I'll likely update my iPhone as soon as I can. I might update the iPad pro. I'll likely wait on the iPad mini until CC works again. That device is mostly for lunchtime reading.
Old 09-18-2017, 12:53 PM   #71
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I too will wait on my iPad due to apps that won't run under 11. The iPhone must go to 11 because of my watch.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 12:56 PM   #72
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I too will wait on my iPad due to apps that won't run under 11. The iPhone must go to 11 because of my watch.
Why is that, Dale? Why would the watch suddenly stop working?
Old 09-18-2017, 12:59 PM   #73
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Why is that, Dale? Why would the watch suddenly stop working?
The watch will automatically be updated, and the two need to be in sync to work properly.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 01:23 PM   #74
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Thanks. There's no way to stop the watch updating?
Old 09-18-2017, 04:57 PM   #75
pwalker8
Grand Sorcerer

Just as an aside, I came up with a work around for the issue with CC and IOS 11. I wrote it up in the CC forum if anyone is interested.