Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-17-2010, 02:32 PM   #31
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post
A friend at my local Ham Radio Club bought one of the 5 Inch DELL androids at the weekend, had it on him on Monday night .... It sure is a thing of great BEAUTY !
Yes, but is it SHINY?
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 04:12 PM   #32
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
@leaston/Kevin, your welcome. Glad I could help.

Once you get your phones launch the market and type "Moon+" (you must include the "+" with no space).

Also I strongly recommend installing a barcode scanner since many sites will list QR codes that take you straight to the market on your phone.

There are a lot of them but I use "Barcode Scanner"

=X=

Got it ... Love it ... Works Brilliantly
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-17-2010, 04:20 PM   #33
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Yes, but is it SHINY?

Maybe ... Not sure ... Was too busy being DAZZLED by the lovely bright 5 Inch screen but the Desire HD is better size to hold
Old 11-17-2010, 05:51 PM   #34
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, I understand where it might be. I'm kind of fond of my 4.3" HTC EVO 4G. Do most of my reading on either it or my computer.

Especially if the book is a Kindle, and I can use WhisperSync to keep them synchronized. If not, I thend to just stick with the EVO. It’s a little more (well ... about twice as much) page turning, but the reading experience is wholly adequate, and my EVO is always with me. With a much larger device that would probably not be the case.
Old 11-18-2010, 04:14 AM   #35
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin

Wodin,

Checked out the barcode ... anyone would think Your a GEEK !!!!
Advert
Old 11-19-2010, 09:10 AM   #36
lamoe
Enthusiast
lamoe doesn't litterlamoe doesn't litter

Device: Pandigital Novel, Nextar T30, HTC EVO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
@lamoe
have you tried swype keyboard it comes preinstalled in galaxy phones you might have download for your phone but once you use it you will never want to go back to normal keyboards
Swype is not avaliable for the Evo - the originators have asked sites to remove all apps of it. They did do a beta test for EVO's - have emailed them asking for inclusion in program - no responce yet - also - the Airave didn't work - seems you need a DSL line to power it - talk about catch 22 - Sprint dosn't offer DSL and the device won't work with a phone card - so what do they do? Sent me 2 of them.

Will be sending them back and probably replacing her phone with another to see if it gets better reception - their techs checked her's out and said it's working fine.
lamoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:50 AM   #37
wodin
Illiterate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamoe View Post
Swype is not avaliable for the Evo - the originators have asked sites to remove all apps of it. They did do a beta test for EVO's - have emailed them asking for inclusion in program - no responce yet - also - the Airave didn't work - seems you need a DSL line to power it - talk about catch 22 - Sprint dosn't offer DSL and the device won't work with a phone card - so what do they do? Sent me 2 of them.

Will be sending them back and probably replacing her phone with another to see if it gets better reception - their techs checked her's out and said it's working fine.
Not having an Airave, I might be talking off the wall here, but I thought the beastie would work with any broadband connection.
Old 11-19-2010, 05:51 PM   #38
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamoe View Post
Swype is not avaliable for the Evo
Swype is great however there are other keyboards app that are very good.

I use two keyboards, swype and 8pen. I'm litterly twice as fast with Swype than 8pen. But to use swype I must be looking at the keyboard. With 8pen there was a big learning curve, but now I can type without looking at the keyboard and is much more accurate than typing with swype.

I'm still pausing to think when I use 8pen so I know there is room for improvement. However it will not compare to swype, until 8pen predictive text gets as good as swype.

8pen [* my default]
http://www.androidzoom.com/android_a...8pen_mvwn.html

Swiftkey
QR-CODE
http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?c...rolib%2520Page
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2010, 11:08 PM   #39
mgrunk
Zealot
mgrunk has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
I have an HTC Eris and use Kindle as my main reading platform. You can change the font size between 5 sizes, and either a white background w/ black letters, sepia background w/ brownish letters, or black background w/ gray letters, and you can adjust the brightness, all via the menu button.

I didn't read the thread closely, so maybe this wasn't the info you were looking for. But, I'm happy enough. I wanted a place to buy new books to read on the phone across platforms. I also couldn't get Wordplayer book reader to sync w/ calibre pc nor could I get to my Calibre server via the phone's browser window, so it was a hassle getting books on the htc.

Last edited by mgrunk; 11-24-2010 at 09:27 AM.
mgrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 01:56 AM   #40
wodin
Illiterate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post
Wodin,

Checked out the barcode ... anyone would think Your a GEEK !!!!
Yes, and not only that; it pays well too!
Old 11-25-2010, 11:30 AM   #41
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgrunk View Post
I have an HTC Eris and use Kindle as my main reading platform. You can change the font size between 5 sizes, and either a white background w/ black letters, sepia background w/ brownish letters, or black background w/ gray letters, and you can adjust the brightness, all via the menu button.

I didn't read the thread closely, so maybe this wasn't the info you were looking for. But, I'm happy enough. I wanted a place to buy new books to read on the phone across platforms. I also couldn't get Wordplayer book reader to sync w/ calibre pc nor could I get to my Calibre server via the phone's browser window, so it was a hassle getting books on the htc.

All info was welcome, my wife now has her HTC Desire HD and loves it, including several installed readers ..... amd lots of books and games
Old 11-26-2010, 08:05 AM   #42
lamoe
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Not having an Airave, I might be talking off the wall here, but I thought the beastie would work with any broadband connection.

Thought so too - called Sprint - nope - only works with DSL - called Sprint techie who spent about an hour on his end reworking firmware - so so results - probably have to wait for 4G to get out to me
Old 11-26-2010, 08:12 AM   #43
lamoe
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Swype is great however there are other keyboards app that are very good.

I use two keyboards, swype and 8pen. I'm litterly twice as fast with Swype than 8pen. But to use swype I must be looking at the keyboard. With 8pen there was a big learning curve, but now I can type without looking at the keyboard and is much more accurate than typing with swype.

I'm still pausing to think when I use 8pen so I know there is room for improvement. However it will not compare to swype, until 8pen predictive text gets as good as swype.

8pen [* my default]
http://www.androidzoom.com/android_a...8pen_mvwn.html

Swiftkey
QR-CODE
http://chart.apis.google.com/chart?c...rolib%2520Page
Been using stylus from Raido Shack that works on both resistive and capactive screens (Pandigital Novel / EVO). Getting hang of it and write in horizontal position (larger keys).