Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-15-2010, 03:25 PM   #16
leaston
Addict
leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma
Thanks for the mention of Moon+ =X=. I thought I'd tried all the Android readers, but I missed this one. It's very good!
leaston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 05:28 PM   #17
lamoe
Enthusiast
lamoe doesn't litterlamoe doesn't litter

Device: Pandigital Novel, Nextar T30, HTC EVO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopedangel View Post
@lamoe
have you tried swype keyboard it comes preinstalled in galaxy phones you might have download for your phone but once you use it you will never want to go back to normal keyboards
tried wifes swype love it - trying to find where I and if it can be installed on HTC EVO
lamoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2010, 06:48 PM   #18
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Thanks =X=Much appreciate the comments and the help. my wife can't wait ... abd my hands are already bound to keep them OFF of it ... !!!! DRAT !
Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 06:58 PM   #19
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Yes the HTD Desire HD is a really good phone. It's the EVO baseline plus more.

HTC sense UI is really the best Android UI in my opinion, course I went with a Galaxy S because of the screen and Hardware.

As far as eBook Readers I think the two best are Kindle 4 Android and Moon+.

=X=

Waiting for the Phones arrival, tried to look up Moon+ and found nothing so far ... a link would be greatly appreciated
Old 11-15-2010, 07:42 PM   #20
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Here you go. To download it just wait until you get your new phones, and go to the Market.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2010, 04:50 AM   #21
leaston
Addict
leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.leaston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Kevin,

If you install apps from your PC to the phone, you won't be informed of updates. If you install them via the official Android Market (which is already on your phone when you get it), it tracks and notifies you of updates. As many Android programs are updated regularly I'd recommend installing most, if not all apps and games via the market.

It'll make more sense when you see it for yourself. Or, when your wife does anyway hehe. Oh, you are so going to suffer watching her using the Desire

Cheers,
Leaston
Old 11-16-2010, 05:46 AM   #22
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Here you go. To download it just wait until you get your new phones, and go to the Market.
Thanks Wodin, Much appreciated
Old 11-16-2010, 05:52 AM   #23
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaston View Post
Hi Kevin,

If you install apps from your PC to the phone, you won't be informed of updates. If you install them via the official Android Market (which is already on your phone when you get it), it tracks and notifies you of updates. As many Android programs are updated regularly I'd recommend installing most, if not all apps and games via the market.

It'll make more sense when you see it for yourself. Or, when your wife does anyway hehe. Oh, you are so going to suffer watching her using the Desire

Cheers,
Leaston

Thanks so very much AGAIN Leaston ... your advice and comments / information have been so very very helpful, Phone is due today

Now ... How do you suggest I can get my dear wife to get a Second one for ME
Old 11-16-2010, 08:48 AM   #24
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin

It's Here !

CHARGING ... Struggling against switching on before charged ... I know might be ok, but taking NO chances ... Only 3 hours to wait ... What can I do WITH the wife for 3 hours ... Answers in a plain brown envelope Please !!!!
Old 11-16-2010, 11:58 AM   #25
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
@wodin

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	response.png
Views:	250
Size:	332 Bytes
ID:	61296  
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:03 PM   #26
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
@leaston/Kevin, your welcome. Glad I could help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post
Waiting for the Phones arrival, tried to look up Moon+ and found nothing so far ... a link would be greatly appreciated
Once you get your phones launch the market and type "Moon+" (you must include the "+" with no space).

Also I strongly recommend installing a barcode scanner since many sites will list QR codes that take you straight to the market on your phone.

There are a lot of them but I use "Barcode Scanner"

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 12:34 PM   #27
leaston
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post
It's Here !

CHARGING ... Struggling against switching on before charged ... I know might be ok, but taking NO chances ... Only 3 hours to wait ... What can I do WITH the wife for 3 hours ... Answers in a plain brown envelope Please !!!!
Yay!!! I'm excited for you lol!

I've been married for nearly 20yrs now, so I'm kinda out of suggestions about what to do with her indoors

=X= - Love the barcode. Me too!!!
Old 11-17-2010, 02:04 PM   #28
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaston View Post
Yay!!! I'm excited for you lol!

I've been married for nearly 20yrs now, so I'm kinda out of suggestions about what to do with her indoors

=X= - Love the barcode. Me too!!!

Married 16 years .... hence asked for suggestions ......and the PHONE is

Old 11-17-2010, 02:13 PM   #29
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin

A friend at my local Ham Radio Club bought one of the 5 Inch DELL androids at the weekend, had it on him on Monday night .... It sure is a thing of great BEAUTY !
Old 11-17-2010, 02:25 PM   #30
leaston
Addict

I ran out of ideas after being worn down over the first five years or so of marriage. Once you get trained NOT to have ideas or think for yourself any more, it's plain sailing!! You should have read the small print mate.

Glad you like the phone. But, does the wife like it too? You could try putting it down and picking fault at every opportunity in the hope she'll lose interest. It won't work of course. I just like to see others suffering

A Dell now?! Oh man, you've got it bad Kevin. You're doomed I'm afraid.