Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 08:50 PM   #1
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite/iOS Kindle App
Blogs who are reviewing indie books

As requested, a thread to consolidate info about blogs who are reviewing indie books. If you are a blogger, just post here with some info and I will keep this top post updated. If you are an author, keep an eye on this thread; many bloggers are open to submissions (others may prefer to seek out books themselves) and if they have any genre preferences or other submission considerations, the info will be included here.

To be added to this list, bloggers must be posting honest reviews of indoe books: no shills, no dozen posts of all 5-star reviews, but honest looks at books they have read personally. The review should be written to benefit readers primarily.

Feel free to post comments or discussion on any of the content you read at these blogs. I'll keep the top post updated with the pertinent info!

1) E-FINDS (Joanna)

- The name of your blog and its URL: E-Finds

- Genres you are interested in reviewing
mystery, suspense, thriller, horror, non-fiction, general, paranormal

- Genres you are not interested in reviewing
category romance, fantasy, religious, sci-fi (I read it sometimes but will seek out myself for this category)

- Best way to contact you about a review: email

- Any other info you want people to know
I am especially interested in reviewing books from authors who regularly post here, and in backlist books being re-issued independently by their own authors. I will not review books with DRM or which are only available at one venue.

--

2) MOTHERLODE (Grace)

- The name of your blog and its URL: MotherLode

- Genres you are interested in reviewing
I'm really pretty open with genre, with a few exceptions (below)

- Genres you are not interested in reviewing
erotic romance, graphic novels, exceedingly long epics of any sort

- Best way to contact you about a review: email

- Any other info you want people to know
Please check my blog for my review policy.

Last edited by ficbot; 09-26-2010 at 04:26 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:04 AM   #2
dlmartin6
Debra L Martin
dlmartin6 doesn't litterdlmartin6 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
I have started to accept books for review:

Two Ends of the Pen
http://twoendsofthepen.blogspot.com/

Genres NOT interested in:
Horror, True Crime, Memoirs

Best way to contact for review: dlmartin6@yahoo.com
Best file format: .mobi or .prc file for Kindle. Will also accept paperback version and will return review copy when finished if requested.

I give fair and objective reviews. I'll talk about what I like about the book, but I'm won't be shy about problems I find with the book as well. I will post the review on my blog, Amazon, B&N and Goodreads [if applicable]. I rate the book on a 5 star system. I will download a sample and review it before I accept any book for a full review. You can see my reviews in the sidebar on my blog.

Last edited by dlmartin6; 10-01-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:33 AM   #3
ficbot
Wizard
ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ficbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Debra, one question, are you only reviewing Kindle books?
Old 09-26-2010, 11:25 PM   #4
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
I'm with Ficbot on that question, because I only release in epub. Well, presently anyways.
Old 10-01-2010, 02:19 PM   #5
dlmartin6
Debra L Martin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ficbot View Post
Debra, one question, are you only reviewing Kindle books?
Hi ficbot & Steve,

Sorry I disappeared for awhile - I'm actually on bed rest with a back injury.

As far as reviewing books - Yes, I'm reviewing books on my Kindle and also accepting paperback review copies. Right now these are the only two formats that work for me. Sorry, can't accept epub files.

Deb
Old 10-01-2010, 07:24 PM   #6
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, if someone can convert my epub book to kindle for me (I don't think I have a good way to do that here), then I'd be happy to send it to you in kindle format.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:51 PM   #7
SpiderMatt
Grand Arbiter
SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Amazon Kindle, Motorola Droid
You can convert epub to mobi in Calibre. Why wouldn't you just use that?
Old 10-02-2010, 12:26 AM   #8
jaxx6166
Wizard
jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jaxx6166 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 350, iPad, PW
I found these two:

http://www.selfpublishingreview.com/
http://smashwordsreviewed.blogspot.com/
Old 10-03-2010, 10:55 PM   #9
mish
Addict
mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mish ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350, Kindle 2
This link has an extensive list of blogs willing to review indie books. However, there is no organization other than the list in alpha order by blog name, so you will have to search through the list to find the blogs that accept your genre.

http://www.stepbystepselfpublishing....ewer-list.html
Old 10-04-2010, 12:08 AM   #10
simonroyle
Addict
simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
As requested, a thread to consolidate info about blogs who are reviewing indie books. If you are a blogger, just post here with some info and I will keep this top
Ficbot would you have any objections for me adding these reviewers to a list of Indie Book Reviewers that I am building on my blog? Happy to share, just trying to get the word out.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:12 AM   #11
ficbot
Wizard

Sure, feel free to spread the word!
Old 10-04-2010, 04:44 AM   #12
simonroyle
Addict
simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simonroyle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Sure, feel free to spread the word!
Great. Page is up http://simon-royle.com/indie-reviewers/

List has about 12 links on it currently and a link to another list which has about 100 links on it. All the links are current.
Old 10-06-2010, 08:50 AM   #13
dlmartin6
Debra L Martin

Hi All,

I am now CLOSED for any more submissions for book reviews. The response has been overwhelming and my TBR pile is huge. I will probably reopen for submissions again in January 2011. Will announce it when I'm open again.

Deb
Old 10-06-2010, 10:42 AM   #14
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author

Doh! And I finally got my ebook available in a Kindle friendly version!
Old 10-06-2010, 03:09 PM   #15
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
I occasionally review books -- both print and ebooks -- on my blog, but I DO NOT accept submissions for review. I only review books that I buy. That way I don't feel beholden to anyone.
Closed Thread

Tags
authors, indie, reviews