Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-10-2013, 12:11 PM   #406
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Yes. Install the .bins, ignore the .gpg files - they are just digital signatures.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 12:21 PM   #407
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
In the Kual thread, right above the download files is a spoiler that explains gpg (has to do with authentification signatures of the files, if you're interested...). I personally just use the straight .bin files.
As ixtab said, upgrade to 5.3.3 before you install these as they will not survive the upgrade if you do them first.

ixtab types faster than I do.......

Last edited by GoSharks; 03-10-2013 at 12:25 PM.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 01:07 PM   #408
vemacs
vemacs began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks! I now have a jailbroken Kindle!

Will look into applications to install :P
vemacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 08:09 PM   #409
elborak
Enthusiast
elborak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elborak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elborak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elborak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elborak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elborak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elborak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elborak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elborak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elborak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elborak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfuente View Post
I am just a lazy human being, wasting your precious space on earth.
But at least you have an accurate understanding of your general worth here.
elborak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:01 PM   #410
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfuente View Post
I don´t want to go through all the posts. Please can anybody explain whats the advantages of jailbreaking the PW.

thanks
I don't want to ask rhetorical questions, but I am too lazy not to ask:
  • Who told you to look for the jailbreak?
  • Why did they not tell you WHY to look for the jailbreak?
  • What makes you believe the jailbreak has any advantages?

Now for answers:
  • If someone or something said that "jailbreak is required" to do this and that, then it is a good reason to do the jailbreak if you want to do this and that.
  • If someone or something tells you to install jailbreak, but doesn't say why, just assume it is required, and refer back to first answer.
  • If nobody told you that the jailbreak has a good use, then don't bother with it until you do find something useful. In all honesty, the jailbreak by itself is pretty much useless other than the benefits listed in first post.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 05:14 PM   #411
ponso
ponso knows the complete value of PI to the endponso knows the complete value of PI to the endponso knows the complete value of PI to the endponso knows the complete value of PI to the endponso knows the complete value of PI to the endponso knows the complete value of PI to the endponso knows the complete value of PI to the endponso knows the complete value of PI to the endponso knows the complete value of PI to the endponso knows the complete value of PI to the endponso knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: k5 pw
does the 3G use the same bin file for the downgrade? I'm wondering if the 3G difference is the hardware or uses a modified software.
ponso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 06:03 PM   #412
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponso View Post
does the 3G use the same bin file for the downgrade? I'm wondering if the 3G difference is the hardware or uses a modified software.
Same-Same firmware.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 08:48 AM   #413
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just a hint concerning the "rescue pack": There's a fixed version. Update HIGHLY recommended.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:58 AM   #414
henriquelbsouza
henriquelbsouza began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Just a hint concerning the "rescue pack": There's a fixed version. Update HIGHLY recommended.
Hi guys, I just bought a Kindle Paperwhite and I am trying to Jailbreak it.

I made the downgrade to 5.3.1 version, then applyed the jailbreak, then updated again to 5.3.3.

After that I just installed the "Kindlet Developer Certificates" and the "Rescue Pack" (as it shown in the first topic.).

Nice, everything worked... but when I tried to install the CoolReader (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...25#post1948325) just didn't work.

He show me this message:
"Kindlet Jailbreak Required

This application requires the Kindlet Jailbreak to be installed. This is an additional jailbreak that must be installed on top of the Device Jailbreak, in order to allow Kindlets to get the required permissions. Please install the Kindlet Jailbreak before using this application."

What is this? And how I install? Did I made some cr*p anywhere?

What is the Hacks you guys, consider cool to install?

Thanks a lot.
henriquelbsouza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 03:28 PM   #415
ixtab
(offline)

Well - install the Kindlet jailbreak. You can get it from the KUAL prerequisites.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #416
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
@henriquelbsouza: KUAL is pretty neat to have as extensions and helpers can be installed by copying unto usb-storage w/o requiring a restart. Then as hacks go, give JBPatch a try. Other hacks can wait until you see the need to customize further.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:48 PM   #417
henriquelbsouza

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Well - install the Kindlet jailbreak. You can get it from the KUAL prerequisites.
Thanks I installed that and now it's working like a charm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
@henriquelbsouza: KUAL is pretty neat to have as extensions and helpers can be installed by copying unto usb-storage w/o requiring a restart. Then as hacks go, give JBPatch a try. Other hacks can wait until you see the need to customize further.
I installed KUAL as well, very nice too, I am trying some stuff as we speak

sorry for the noob questions I had, I just never had a Kindle and wasn't very familiar with the terms, hacks and other things...

Thanks a lot for the help guys.

Old 03-17-2013, 01:35 AM   #418
bluehanson
bluehanson began at the beginning.

Kindle Paperwhite 5.3.4 Jailbreak

Thank you, I got a Kindle Paperwhite, and it's jailbroken by your method. Now Amazon released 5.3.4 for KPW, and it looks like that your method still working for 5.3.4.
bluehanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:31 AM   #419
Gazella
Wizard
Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gazella ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
My Kindle Paperwhite is running firmware version 5.3.3, is it possible to jailbreak?

Also, will upgrading the firmware on a jailbroken Kindle remove the jailbreak?
Gazella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:35 AM   #420
henriquelbsouza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazella20 View Post
My Kindle Paperwhite is running firmware version 5.3.3, is it possible to jailbreak?

Also, will upgrading the firmware on a jailbroken Kindle remove the jailbreak?
Yes it is possible, but you need to do a downgrade to 5.3.2 and then apply the jailbreak... after that you do the upgrade to 5.3.3 and re-install the

The Kindlet developer certificates.

and the

The Rescue Pack.

Has a better explanation on the first post at this topic.