Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-04-2017, 04:13 PM   #1
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
Download to Kindle has a problem

I've been using calibre to sideload my Kindle books to my Paperwhite for some years now and with no problem.

However, today I did this and the book did not show up on my Kindle's interface. Using Windows Explorer I could see that calibre had created a folder with extension .sdr and within this a file with an extension .apnx, but no sign of an .azw3 in this .sdr folder - presumably the reason why no book showed up - but there was an azw3 in the parent documents folder.

I noticed that whilst most books on my Kindle had an .sdr folder a few others did not so I deleted the .sdr folder for this failed book, ejected my Kindle and checked again. The book showed up immediately.

Is this a known issue? Perhpas if I just copy the .asw3 file directly to my Kindle's document folder then all will work? Do I even need the .sdr folder?

My Kindle never goes on WiFi as I don't appreciate Amazon messing with my collections and is at firmware 5.7.2

Last edited by Agama; 12-04-2017 at 04:26 PM.
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:32 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
azw3 files dont belong in sdr folders. The sdr folder has to alongside the azw3 file.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 01:03 PM   #3
Agama
Guru
Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Agama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, Nexus7
Thanks. Looks like it should've worked then but it didn't until I deleted the sdr folder, so I guess something glitched on my Kindle. Can I get away without this folder, (the book seems to work properly), or should I resend from calibre to get it restored?
Agama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 09:37 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The folder will be created by the kindle when necessary, so there is no need to re-create it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote