Notices

Old 11-05-2017, 09:41 PM   #1
font332
Connoisseur
font332 began at the beginning.

Device: kpw2
Lightbulb Save to disc new function proposal - Order of saving file extension

Hello everyone

I didn't know where to post this, I hope it's a right place.

Would it be possible and you think useful to have an option while using save to disc option, to tell the calibre when saving chosen books, which formats are more important to us, so that if particular book have few variants like pdf, mobi, epub, only the mobi would be saved, and if the book/other books have only epub, then for e.g. nothing would be saved, etc.

I'm not sure if I made it clear what I mean, apologies for my english.
font332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 11:02 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The order of the list in the STD Configuration sets the preferred format when more than 1 exists.Preferences: Saving to Disk

Preferences: Behavior: Preferred output format sets the format that Auto convert will use if there are no available enabled formats.
You get to Reject when offered to Auto Convert when this happens. There is no 'just NO' preference
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 07:52 AM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
use connect to folder to save your boooks, instead you can configure it by right clicking and choosing configure this device, and there specify a format order.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 07:11 AM   #4
font332
Connoisseur
font332 began at the beginning.

Device: kpw2
Thank you for the answers.

@theducks
I don't get it however. I don't have any option in save to disc preferences to set an order.
When clicking save to disc, all book formats are saved. Other options under this button aren't also anything about saving one format with preferred order.
font332 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:08 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I suggest a Save first format available only: check box be added after the File formats to save: list in Preferences->Save to Disk settings.

Would default to unchecked.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 05:10 PM   #6
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
If you set a Folder device then the Send to Device Feature will already give you what you want without having to change the existing Save to Disk feature,
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 06:07 PM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@itimpi - using Send to device to Save to a folder is hardly intuitive, but my post is only a suggestion.

FWIW : I find it easier to open the book folder, and then copy the files I want, to where I want them, and then do my own renaming if needed (which is rarely).

OK
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, save to disc