Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-25-2020, 08:18 PM   #1
cambienta
cambienta began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3, iPad Air
Likebook Ares vs Boox Nova Pro

I ordered both of them and can’t decide which one would be the best to keep. Though I’ve found many comparisons of the Nova Pro against the Muses, I’ve not found any against the new Ares. Curious to hear the thoughts of others.
cambienta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 02:36 AM   #2
Gibbo
Guru
Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gibbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab A (2019) - iPhone 11 - KA1 - Onyx Boox Nova Pro
Well I can't vouch for the ares but I simply love my nova pro, big screen to read via the kindle app (perfect) plus I'm starting to also use moonreader+ app which I bought many moons ago and never really got into it.

Ref the writing part of it I'm not really interested (pen still in it's plastic) but I will use it to try out my new cover to see if the magnets interferes with the writing when folded backwards (as mentioned on another thread)

Last edited by Gibbo; 01-26-2020 at 10:06 AM.
Gibbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2020, 02:29 PM   #3
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by cambienta View Post
I ordered both of them and can’t decide which one would be the best to keep. Though I’ve found many comparisons of the Nova Pro against the Muses, I’ve not found any against the new Ares. Curious to hear the thoughts of others.
AFAIK the Ares and the Muses are identical. The Ares is just the younger iteration and a tad lighter IIRC.

Last edited by Poppaea; 01-28-2020 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Adding info.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 01:01 PM   #4
cambienta
cambienta began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW3, iPad Air
I've got with the Boox Nova Pro -- OTG and expandable storage aren't as important to me in an e-reader, and it's my understanding that their software support is better. The Nova Pro is supposed to receive Android 9... though after poking around in Boox's history it seems that some people are skeptical :/ hope they come through on that one.
cambienta is offline   Reply With Quote